Airbnb Air Cover came through! Only took me 6 attempts though

So I thought I would give a round of applause to Airbnb Customer Service and their supervisors. After 3 months of trying to get reimbursed from a guest who broke my expensive 4 poster bed and hid it. Slept in an unauthorized bedroom, refused to pay the fees, verbally and physically threatened me, put holes in my paper coffee cups and left me 2 1/2 hours of cleaning that usually takes an hour - oh but I digress.

If at first you don’t succeed try 5 more times. It was a frustrating process. They kept closing the message thread thinking it was a different message I was asking about and while I started the process within the deadline by the time I finally gotten someone, it was too late but I persevered. I finally got a support person who stayed with me until she got a supervisor to take my case and then she followed up. I am getting reimbursed $900.00 for the new bed.

I didn’t even know what the guests did until the next guest checked in and slept on the bed the first night. They were a wonderful couple who was so considerate of what happened. I gave them a couple of free nights and two pieces of my pottery as compensation.

I was told that having over 600 check-ins, never filing a claim, being super host for 8 years and now a guest favorite did make a difference I was also told that if I just gone through the process of Air Cover it would have been much simpler but I was trying not to confront the guests again (Their adult children are local and also threatened me.)

But it did pay off. So kudos to Airbnb Support this one time!

11 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to report a happy ending!

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

1 Like

Wow, that’s a bad guest.

I’d say that’s a bad person. I’m sure his behavior isn’t limited to his Airbnb host nor has it been the first time he’s behaved like that.