Airbnb absolutely no help after 4 calls

omg that is absolute gold.

bruh, it’s COVID virus disease, get it right!!

2 Likes

Yes In hindsight one of y’all said I should’ve gone down there immediately and stop them from loading into my home I didn’t realize that the person who booked the reservation was not there until the next day when she told me on text

I think one of the easiest ways to get Airbnb’s attention is to threaten to cancel the reservation they seem to take that seriously.

And finally another piece of advice for you all I sent a request for an additional 50% of the rent since she upped it by 50% more people she was hemming and hawing on the phone with me and I had recorded it as well so I sent that to Airbnb but I had a bad feeling about her and so I went in to the app and wrote that I will cancel your reservation and you will leave the property immediately if you do not pay the additional request; that got her attention and she paid it ! honestly I strongly believe she would’ve gotten away with it and no extra money for our business I don’t like people trying to take advantage of me and that’s what she was doing in many many ways. Be aware she would also not answer simple questions about arrival time etc. and when she did 2 word answers. My radar was up from that behavior in the Front end

Maybe the good news will be she will be banned from the platform I will keep you all posted as Airbnb does their investigation

1 Like

I wouldn’t hold my breath for an investigation.

A couple months ago I had a local person that was doing a third party booking for others in her family. Got the reservation cancelled by Airbnb; they knew it was a third party booking.

I just looked at this person’s reviews to see she’s still active and has made a couple bookings in the area since she was cancelled with me.

Airbnb claims they have over 350 million nights a year booked. There’s no way they are going to be able to investigate every reported guest/booking request/cancellation. And even where there is documented damage it can take weeks to resolve.

1 Like

Guests have to do sometthing pretty egregious for Airbnb to ban them. Also, they will not tell you if they have banned a guest that has been reported. You’d only know if you kept checking to see if their account was still active.

And I doubt they will do any investigation simply for a guest making a third party booking and having more guests than booked for or allowed.

I recently received a strange message from ABB stating that I’d been in contact with a guest who no longer was allowed on the platform. I’ve gone through the profiles and they’re all still on ABB. Weird

That is weird. Some tech glitch? I know they will warn you if a guest who has already been banned or is under investigation tries to contact you, they just won’t tell you if you report a guest whether they intend to ban them.

Hello from Tennesse also. We are about 45 miles east of you. My wife and I have set up methaphoric “trip wires” #1. We meet our guests and they comment that they like that. It also develops a personal relationship that helps if problems arise. #2 When the guest arrives we have them open the smart lock door. They need a code to enter. We always use something from the reservation such as area code and last four digits of the phone number. Sometimes it is just last four digits. So far, not a problem. If they didn’t have the right number we would ask them who made the reservation and indicate that we don’t allow third party reservations without approval. Not having the right code or knowing information about the reservation would be an appropriate reason to cancel if we were concerned. #3 Once inside we have have a short conversation with the guest. We try and give them information that matches their interest in why they chose the cabin. That helps us understand their motivation it also helps us fine tune the information we give them. (Check out the free Merlin app for bird watching.) #4. If all the guest aren’t there, we ask how many cars are expected. We have external cameras (identified) and can see the parking area. Our only concern would be muliple cars with multiple people. A lone arrival that is not mentioned isn’t a problem. I think you get the idea. This routine has worked well for us.

5 Likes

Thank you so
Much. We increased our guests from 6 to 8. I think that is another reason why we had the problem of 12 last weekend and their momma booked it and stayed elsewhere. Being a historical property usually keeeps out the right raf but they also
Liked our big parking lot for their rv. All
In all the house was left ok tho I wiped down a Lot of walls and more dings than normal but definitely dodged a bullet plus I did get paid by them another 50% which was fair Plus they forgot an unopened big bottle of Vodka! I like your idea of how many vehicles are expected. For another group my husband said we had a quarter of a million dollars in our parking lot with brand new big pickup trucks. Also now I’m asking for all
The names
Of the guests which they can easily add to their reservation Thanks again!

1 Like

I have a situation like this. The 14th day is this Sunday. I’m waiting until the last moment. Do you know what time my review option closes?

There is supposedly a countdown timer next to the message stream with the guest. Counts by days until the last 24 hrs, then by minutes.

It’s exactly 14 24-hour periods from the time you got the first email to leave a review. If you got it at 2pm the day of check-out, it’s over at 2pm 14 days later.

Thanks very much. Here in Canada we don’t get a countdown. I’ve received the final- ‘you’ve got 2 days left’, so I have until 3:02 on Sunday. I’m glad that I found this site!

2 Likes

I’ve never looked for the countdown timer myself, as I’ve never had occasion to wait til the last minute to review. It’s just something I read explained by other hosts. Seems weird that it wouldn’t be available in Canada. Are you using the app or the desktop version? There are functions on the desktop version that don’t work on the app and vice versa.

Thanks for the information. I did a search online and was able to find an hour by hour reminder which is very helpful. I’ll watch it and see if it turns to minutes in the last hour. Good to know!

is not redundant. Tundra is a biome.

Tundra thaws every summer for about 8 weeks, when the caribou immerse all but there noses in the ponds and lakes to avoid the humongous swarms of mosquitoes.

1 Like

Another problem from 3rd party booking with 12. 22 year olds that I never would have rent to but Their mom made the reservation and did not stay at my home. A real nightmare for me. Now airbnb has suspended my listing bc she complained I have cameras at the front and back doors. That’s how I found out they brought in 12 people. I have called airbnb 2x now and they say someone will help me and nobody does. It’s suspended!

Now I have to fill out an appeals to airbnb and I did nothing wrong! Help!

1 Like

To be sure… these cameras are fully disclosed in the listing, right?

1 Like

Of course they are. And how else would I have known that she was sneaking in 4 extra people. And that she wasn’t staying there even tho she hooked it

1 Like

There is specific language requirements when you have cameras that record vision as well as sound. Did you use the correct terms?

This has nothing to do with whether you properly disclosed your cameras in your listing. No one is faulting you for having cameras. But they have to be properly disclosed in your listing in the right place or ABB will have a problem with your listing.

4 Likes