Air Fryer-offer yes or no?

Air fryers will set off the smoke alarms

If there is demand for air fryers then i would consider purchasing a cheap one.

However in my locality, nobody expects this thankfully

If your Guest’s are the type to abuse it, then don’t offer it

To prevent theft, take a picture of all items in the property with a recorded/ written document of the items condition

Make sure that guests are aware of this fact and where possible, install cctv

Keep a copy of the receipt

So if the item goes missing, you will have the info airbnb need to back you

1 Like

This thread made me re-think what I’m considering offering. I never thought about my space as being a drive-to destination, but that is exactly my demographic. I think the chamber of commerce did a survey a couple of years ago and determined that over 75% of the STR visitors were within a 2 hour drive. I accidentally found a foodie blog that did a piece on vacations and being a foodie. They showed extensive pics of their must have kitchen items they would make sure to pack, like a Dutch Oven or their own knives. I’m guessing an Air Fryer would fall into that category.

1 Like

I’m just here to say that my air fryer is designed with a thin wire basket and it is the BIGGEST pain in the rear to clean. Food gets stuck everywhere and like @KenH mentioned it’s not dishwasher safe. I’m too lazy to even use it with my own cooking; I would never want to clean it after guests.

So if you do decide to get one I very strongly suggest getting one that’s designed for easy cleaning.

3 Likes

An Air Fryer sounds like a lot of work to clean and for most people not necessary. I provide pot and pans but I do also provide a rice cooker as nearly everyone that cooks rice uses one rather than a pan and it’s easy clean up.

1 Like

You make a valid point.

I’ve read the same in several different air fryer reviews. Some of the newer ones have changed their wire baskets to trays with holes. The tray is easy to clean.

Old style

New style

1 Like

Looks like it would still be a pain to clean that tray.

1 Like

It’s easy peasy. I Hand wash mine with a sponge. It’s supposed to be dishwasher safe. I hand wash because it’s just what I do…

Yes! My mother-in-law has one similar to the bottom photo and it is night and day how much easier hers is to clean. She used mine once and now understands why I never use it!

1 Like

So will stoves and ranges if you leave things cooking too long! I’ve noticed no smells or smoke alarms from my air fryer.

2 Likes

@DozerPug

Like you I’ve not had a smoke alarm activated and smells are not an issue. The only two things I’ve smelled later were hamburgers & aldi red bag chicken (RBC-tastes like Chick-fil-a).

When I cook burgers inside broil in oven or indoor grill, the smell lingers. It’s not an Airfryer problem.

I wonder if some of the Airfryer concerns are because of experience with older models. They’ve changed a bit over the past few years.

1 Like

Btw in the USA there is an Aldi RBC Facebook fan group. I’m a member. It’s got like 75,000 members. Recipe sharing on how to serve RBC.

2 Likes

I have one and I use it frequently. I have never experienced more smoke or odors from an air fryer. Mine is newer and very easy to clean. My listing says that I have a fully equipped kitchen so I feel like I want to include that. I also have an Instant Pot, electric kettle, stove top espresso maker, waffle iron, etc. Supplying these items works for me and my listing.

I also have never had a guest break an appliance. I think I have been lucky but I also work hard to accommodate guests. I also think I go overboard, for sure but I have good reviews and am fully booked. I guess it comes down to your “brand” for your listing. If my place was smaller or different I could certainly make another choice. I just try to be intentional. I don’t think there is a right or wrong answer.

AND, by the way, when I travel by car and go to an AirBnb, I take mine with me! LOL. I have stayed in many and have never found a place that had one, so there you go!

2 Likes

I think they may just be asking so they know whether or not to bring theirs. Sport families have their travel menus down to an art and they will bring what they need!

That said, I would certainly consider adding a small appliance if my guests wanted it. In my market, it’s a rice cooker that is really appreciated.

2 Likes