Air Dry Linens? Anyone?

Every time I see that view, my heart stops. So amazing!

2 Likes

THAT VIEW!!! OMGoodness!

1 Like

Every time @konacoconutz posts one of her pictures I tell myself that is can’t possibly be as good as it looks, so as to avoid an attack of the green eyed monster.

2 Likes

That view! And I am here in the jungle of stones

In my condo complex my neighbours would call the police if I hanged my laundry to dry outdoors :confused:… Most of the time the weather is too cool and/or humid for the laundry to dry well though, and clothes would get they horrible moldy smell.

When I am in southern France I line dry and clothes get dry within an hour. I do think that towels get stiff and I prefer tumble-dried towels.

If you find yourself getting green, just remember my forever NON-superhost status and my constant downgrades on location! Guests would rather be in the noisy hot bustling part of town beset with heavy retail, crime, meth heads and homeless.

Ok It’s not that bad, but one plus is I don’t have any of that out here!

1 Like

I’ve always been told that putting softener in with the towels stops them being as effective at drying.

Nancy, I have the solution to scratchy sundried towels, but you have to also have a drier … the secret is to give the towels 10 minutes on a low heat BEFORE hanging them on the line which fluffs up the pile without using too much electricity.

1 Like

I have the Australian iconic Hills Hoist which I love. Having had twins in cloth nappies it was great that it is huge. I will have to take a pic to share. When we put in our pool my husband knew that he had to leave room for my beloved Hills Hoist. When it rains I do use the dryer or in winter dry in front of the fire.

1 Like

Dried on the line, and only 5 minutes in the drier with my Woolies, the towels were good to go. Thanks again!

Could also be the environmental impact, I always air dry and if I’m not happy with the smell I take another sheet or wash it again

I’m quoting the people who won’t use a dryer, “It’s my favorite tee shirt, so I don’t want it to shrink.”, “I don’t want my jeans to shrink.” Also, many are willing to dry their underwear and towels in the dryer, just not clothes that are fitted.