After one year of hosting....I have noticed a trend

I agree. It’s not that one is pickier than the other. It’s their experience in life. I get young couples on a “romantic getaway” who talk about the comfort and amenities and almost always get 5’s across the board. The older guests appreciate what I offer but I don’t get the “gushing” comments and average 4.5 stars which is still good, but I’ve also had a few who give me suggestions for improvement, haha (and I don’t mind them most of the time). Thankfully since I don’t offer a room in my home, no one expects cooked breakfast!

Can you share the link re 4 is very good?

No, in short. Sorry! I’m relying on memory from when I’ve left reviews. I just googled and nothing useful comes up. Maybe somebody who has recently been a guest can screenshot the review procedure? That would be extremely useful, actually, because it’s probably changed since the last time I was a guest.

I did some more digging and found this:

http://blog.atairbnb.com/new-review-flow/

But it still doesn’t show what guests see when they’re prompted to give their overall rating. Seriously, i’ve tried every search I can think of and found nothing. So much for “openness” grrh.

1 Like

Ok, this is driving me crazy. I cannot find the information on the internet head exploding. @Zandra, you’re a regular traveller - can you help?

Haven’t travelled on Airbnb in the past few months … 5 stars is something like fantatstic 4 stars is good or similar language. 3 is O.K. / average.

I just travelled via AirBnB and the review process looks just like ours. Stars with no description as to what they mean. But if you leave 4 or less it prompts you with something like “what could be improved” while a 5 goes on to the next category.

Hi, have tried to upload screenshots of review of my stay completed 11 May. Hope it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

@aretsa9 what we are looking for is detail on what each of the stars mean when rating your stay… you’d have to hover over the stars and screen shot to get that …

1 Like

Wow, that’s a lot more detailed than what I had when I reviewed my host on my phone.

@Zandra, at least on the app last week when I hovered over the stars it didn’t show anything to help know how to rate with them.

Ah good to know! They used to …