Adaptors/coverters USA - Italy

A guest travelling in Italy (only two nights in Venice …):

“I also was wondering if you provide a power converter or adapter for our electronic devices ?”

What do you think about this request? And what kind of adaptors/conveters?
My reply to her (sorry for my horrible English)

I’s not only matter about a simple adapter (for different pin/plug shapes) I suppose you need a Voltage Converter, that reduces the 220-VAC used in European electrical systems to 115-VAC. This is essential for devices that are designed only for 115-VAC. I’m not a technician, so please see in USA what you need for your devices, I’m not sure to have the right knowledge to help you, I’m really sorry

I am in France and I provide two universal travel adapters for my guests. They are quite cheap (I paid 5€ each) and guests who visit from outside continental Europe really appreciate them (“oh, you thought of everything !”). You should definitely buy a few

2 Likes

We are in the U. S. and we provide a universal adapter. Our guests also appreciate it.

I think that it’s helpful for hosts to provide things like adapters, hair dryers, slippers, etc. as airlines are limiting the amount of luggage travelers can carry without paying fees.

1 Like

You need something like that: https://www.amazon.it/gp/aw/d/B00303YRJY/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1470091206&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=adattatore&dpPl=1&dpID=41Sy8r2LorL&ref=plSrch

1 Like

Thank you @ElleN, in my apartment guests find all the things as in a real house because I want them to feel at home (so slippers, bathrobes, lot of bath towels, cleaning cotton pads, kleenex, haidryers and so on (included face and body creams, masks,hair conditioners, razor & shaving foam, more than essentials in the kitchen, best Venice guides in 4 languages ) but I’n not sure that a simple adapter (I mean an adapter for different shapes of plugs) would be enough.

@Barthelemy thank you SO much, going to see.

:frowning: @Barthelemy I read lot on negative feedbacks
but it has been useful as well just to see the product, thanks again.

@Barthelemy @EllenN

I think I need this item https://www.amazon.it/Trasformatore-110v-220v-reversibile-continua/dp/B005T3U6DO/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1470093964&sr=1-5

It depends on what appliance they are going to use in Italy. All I have had are foreign visitors with laptops and phones, neither of which need a transformer, just a plug adapter. I have adaptors for all countries which I lend when asked. I don’t leave them out since it is so easy to slip one into a computer bag.

2 Likes

I have this kit for my apple devices. I use it when I travel to Europe. Most of our foreign guests bring their own adapters.

1 Like

@anon67190644 @Maggieroni thank you for all your advice.