Accuracy Ratings - such a stupid system

Lol @faheem what are the odds! It’s a dead giveaway if they sound like it’s their first day on the job. I can tell if they’re going from a script and there’s usually quite a bit of nervous stuttering. Click.

Edited to add: that’s not to say the green ones are BAD…they’re just not as creative with their problem solving skills.

I truly, truly, TRULY think that we all waste too much time obsessing over star ratings, superhost status and reviews. I really hate this phrase but ‘it is what it is’.

All the energy we waste worrying about reviews and being superhosts is just not worth the time and the hassle. I think we have better things to do such as making money and ensuring that our guests have a good time so that they will be back or recommend us to their friends.

Can you tell that I’ve had more than two glasses of wine this evening? But in vino veritas :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @SuiteRetreat,

Just to be clear, this wasn’t Airbnb. I don’t think I’ve ever spoken to Airbnb customer service. This was an Indian bank, and it was the middle of the night. I got the feeling they didn’t have a lot of people on call at that time.

Exactly. I had a guest willing to change the overall star rating she gave me, all documented through Air messages, and the rep I spoke with told me it was flat out not possible. I told her I knew it was, to no avail.

Hi @Lucy_R & @Chloe,

I first contacted Airbnb via Twitter private message wrt my low star ratings from the Israeli lady. What did you guys do? I don’t know if that made a difference (it shouldn’t have), but since the world is a cruel, irrational and unfair place, it might have.

I just called. I’ll try the Twitter thing in the future.

1 Like

@Chloe @faheem sigh. Twitter - seems the only reliable route if you actually need something fixed. Wish I’d realized that sooner!

I agree with @jaquo to an extent. Although when you start out these mistakes can be make or break, once you have a few dozen reviews, it’s probably not worth your time trying to correct the occasional bad ones. Since I settled into AirBnBing, my main aim has been to reduce the amount of time I spend managing it (visting this forum is still a guilty habit though!).

1 Like

That is a worthy and laudable aim.