Accept/Decline Conundrum

Well look at us, with our high acceptance rates! :rofl:

@anon67190644 @KKC I’m impressed that you both have an average of 5.0 for your overall rating. We are only at 4.9. :frowning: Oh well…

Good enough! LOL. …

Phew…

The words “only” and “4.9” in the same sentence seems so very wrong, doesn’t it?

3 Likes

In hindsight yes, but I was dead serious when I wrote it.

2 Likes

You don’t have to accept/decline if you have instant book, you only have to respond. There aren’t penalties for declining unless it’s obvious discrimination, but surely you can understand why Air wants you to respond as soon as possible. It’s only fair to the guest so they don’t get hung up waiting for you and can move on if you decline.

That is not true. If its a request to book and you have IB, the guest may be missing something required to IB. As a host, you must choose accept or decline within 24 hours. If you decline, there is a list of reasons that pops up as to why you declined. You must choose a reason also.
If you get an inquiry, then you get an option to pre-approve or decline but you don’t have to choose one, just respond to the question.

Whenever I get requests to book, I simply say to use instant book or no, I’m sorry. I can’t accommodate that request. Never been dinged for it yet.