A non world-readable thread

This is how you would do it. I’d be happy to help and I suspect that @jaquo would be as well if she’s available. If I were you I’d invite whomever I wanted. I believe people can remove themselves if they aren’t interested.

1 Like

I’d certainly be happy to help too if I can.

1 Like

Thanks @KKC and @jaquo. Does that mean I should start the private message thread by replying to one or both of you?

Hi folks,

So, returning to this thread. I see it’s been a while.

So, just to recap the contents of this thread, I want to have a non-public discussion. The consensus seems to be that I should create a private thread to do so.

if I was to start this private thread, does that mean I need a volunteer to address the first message in that thread to? And if so, would someone volunteer to be so addressed?

Thanks in advance.

I thought several of us already had volunteered…myself included.

Hi @Militaryhorsegal,

Well, I see one message from you in the thread, but it’s not clear from that if you are volunteering. And that was months ago, anyway.

I thought I should explicitly ask today, because receiving a private message from someone without warning might come as an unwelcome surprise.

So, if you, or anyone else here, are willing to receive a private message (to which other people will added), please explicitly give me a go-ahead to do so. Thanks.

Hi @faheem ! I’m happy to receive the private message.

Explicit go-ahead granted from me here.

2 Likes

Me too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I LOVE getting private messages, Faheem … makes me feel wanted (sniff!)

2 Likes

Same here! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Feel free to include me too !

1 Like

Of course the caveat goes…only bring in the ones you feel you can trust, regardless of explicit go ahead, assuming those will not break the trust.

From one who rarely trusts…

I saw a meme today that said something like…

This who don’t trust we’re likely hurt by one they did…

And I say, by MANY they did…

Hi folks,

I finally posted my private message. If anyone wants to be added, let me know. Fair warning - it’s a lot of stuff and you probably won’t enjoy reading it. I know I didn’t enjoy writing it.

Hi @Militaryhorsegal,

I appreciate the concern, but I mostly am just concerned about not making this thread world-readable for anyone to read. And I’m willing to assume that most people in this group, at least those I have interacted with, have good intentions.

Hey @Malagachica,

That’s very cute. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love private messages too! I haven’t been Airbnb’ing long but maybe my opinion would be useful? :grin:

@georgiahost. Sure, I’ve sent you an invite. Thank you for your interest.

@faheem I would be happy to help and/or give my perspective.

Hi @Magwitch,

I sent you an invite. Thank you for your interest. I’ll probably do an update/clarification shortly, but probably not tonight. It’s already late, and I have other things to do.

1 Like

Willing victim here, too.
By all means, invite me and anyone else in a PM. We can always opt out.

Hi @casailinglady,

I sent you an invite too. Again, thanks for your interest. I’m not sure who else to invite, and I prefer that they make their interest known first, anyway.

1 Like