A minor vent before bed

That was the exact price I paid as a college senior for my first car! $500 for a station wagon with NO AIR CONDITIONING in Georgia (USA). Everytime it rained I had to open the hood and take the distributor cap off and dry it because water would condense in there…plastic blue seats, gosh my skin stuck to them! But I was grateful I even had a car. I kept it for three years and sold it for …you got it…$500!

4 Likes

@Atlnative

My first car (not parent loaner) was a 1976 Astre (Pontiac version of a Vega). When I traded it in on a car that would run, the dealer made a big deal out of giving me s $500 trade-in allowance for a car not worth it.

1 Like

That is the total of the time that the car occupied a space in the parking lot.

@Lordhunt So the $500 is for how long of a total time of parking?

I don’t remember, it was along time ago. It was ail above board. The administrator of this complex told me what the daily rate was and I changed accordingly. Airbnb sent me the money and I gave it to the administrator.

The point is that deposits can pay off. Airbnb supports abused owners.

Then they drop you down in search where no one can find your listing.

When I first started with Airbnb I got 22 rentals for the year. No I am lucky to receive two a year.
I am tempted to delete my listing and re-up my listing on a frequent basis.

While Airbnb fiddles, my house is empty.

What if you block off the calendar for that listing and make a new one that is slightly different (like one with kitchen access and one without at a lower price) and see if that helps. Even though you don’t have many reviews having some has to be better than having none.

1 Like

What other methods are you using?

I don’t understand why you’re buying champagne? If they want it, point them toward the local store.

2 Likes

I get very bugged by people who don’t read listings properly. Fortunately we’ve had very few problems.
If someone were to make a request for bubbly etc I would reply with a cost for that luxury, including a good markup to cover my time. If they want to go ahead then fine - they know the cost (& I would have it paid up front).
To ask for money in retrospect could be very difficult!
Good luck.

1 Like