A little venting and advise on making sure Airbnb backs up the host

I think we all understood very well. Hoping An AC unit stays in the window simply by slamming the window closed on it and then duck taping the join is not how it’s done. Those holes at the top of the air-conditioner need screws through window frame so that nobody can open the window. And, by putting duct tape over the connection between the air conditioner in the window means you could assume many things, including the possibility that there was a frame around the air conditioner and the window was openable.

3 Likes

This contact with the guest is way too long. It also seems like ‘begging’ for a review.

I find that a touch unethical and I’m not sure that Airbnb would be delighted by the i-scratch-your-back thing. But the point is that you’re sending this to the guests before they’ve left! So you’ve no idea that they have been worthy of a ‘glowing review’. The place might be a tip - you haven’t been in yet so you don’t know. So are you lying to guests in your efforts to get a five star review? After all, you won’t be giving them a ‘glowing review’ if you go into the accommodation after they’ve left and discovered that they were pigs.

Even worse if they were dreadful guests and you still give them one of your ‘glowing reviews’.

4 Likes

As I previously explained, it is not just held together with duct tape and a window but the window does provide support.

for my review, if I already know the guest is crappy I don’t send this message

but mainly I feel that you folks are gas lighting me and while I found this forum helpful, your feedback is not. I am leaving this group. I had tried to provide support but all I got was criticism.

I’ve been a super host for 2 1/2 years and am booked nearly every night and not a newbie. You might want to think about that in the future.

Please tell me how my suggestion to provide a factual review about these terrible guests was gas lighting and critical of you since you’ve said we all did this? I’m deeply sympathetic to your situation after dealing with these drongos who trashed your joint, or tried to.

My intention with this post was to help folks with protecting themselves against bad guest.

1, I mentioned an AC and was schooled in how to install an ac. Even when I explained that I have been using this method for 25 years and that it’s not only tape I continued to get criticism.

1. I gave suggestions on how to get reviews. This is not bribery because I have no idea what the guest is going to say and I did add the I don’t send this to crappy guests. A lot of guests don’t leave reviews but now that I leave a sheet in suite with how 5 star is different from the hotel industry and then send the email I get many more the do leave reviews. I also have to protect my suite. It pays my mortgage and I can’t risk that so I’m careful about leaving bad reviews when I’m hoping they might also leave me a review. In my mind, these guests took out their discomfort on me because they didn’t read the listing carefully. That’s not a horrible guest.

I felt most people on this post were critique me instead of appreciating what advice from a 2 year super host might have.

Oh Puhlease, suck it up buttercup the first time I posted I was called a snowflake or something like that… Don’t step on your own foot just because people are less than sensitive. You find this forum helpful than stick around. Put on your alligator suit.

RR

1 Like