Welcome to AirHostsForum.com!

We are a community of AirBnb hosts. This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts!

A little levity to make you smile! ;)

Things are picking up here in Disfunction Junction, and i’m getting quick turns. A (female) chaplain stayed for 4 nights and she really was a gem. She was also extremely busy, working very long hours in a stressful field (bereavement).

When i went to clean her room she left a new Swiffer behind. i get high marks for cleaning, but there’s always something that isn’t perfect.

Well I felt horrid, figuring I’d offended her. So I thanked her for her stay, and asked her if she’d accidentally left it behind (hope. pray. practice mindfulness. rinse. repeat.) and i would send it to her.

She hadn’t time to explain that IT WAS A GIFT! :wink: A swiffer on every floor is massively practical.

Namaste,

Mandi

But what is, to the uninitiated, a Swiffer?

https://swiffer.com/en-us

All about swifters. Best things ever!!!

Except they do create more trash with their disposable pads, and I am so guilty I have multiple swiffers and use them.

You have given me the opportunity to ask what “Namaste” means in internet terms. I have looked it up and the “definition” but it never seems to fit how people use it on the internet.

I see others saying something snarky and then they end it with “Namaste.” Can people here explain what it means? And when it is snarky? Every time I have asked on a forum someone just quotes the definition…but it never makes sense within the situation.

For you UK folks a Swiffer is a brand name for a type of half broom/mop thing you can push around. I just started using one because my partner couldn’t resist buying one. There are different Swiffer type things you can purchase too. For example, he just learned there are the “wet swiffer” things that I have to tuck into the bottom of the swiffer and they only last about half a room. They are dripping wet and soaking to pick up like a mop. I always sweep old style first. Some people just believe in “swiffering” around. You will never get corners when you just push something around. Here:

https://swiffer.com/en-us

@cabinhost
Copycat! :grin::grin::grin:

Bahahaa!! :joy::joy:

@Annet3176 - OK…one question though. No way I could “Swiffer” without sweeping first. Oh no…there is so much hair after a group stay that I have to sweep that up traditionally, then can apply a Swiffer to possibly pick up what is left behind and slightly mop. Maybe I am not using in the right way?

I have an industrial swiffer with 2 pads that i just wash afterwards.

Not keen on using the throw away pads, so i’ve improvised with larger rags and construction towels that are reusable.

A very kind gesture.

“Namaste” is a coded way of saying “I do yoga”. It probably also indicates any or all of the following: cats, incense, scented candles, a statue of Buddha or Ganesh and a copy of “Eat, Love, Pray”.

@JamJerrupSunset Do I understand correctly? I have heard it so many times and seems a way to say Fuck you and try to be polite. Am I wrong? People who use the term seem to be pissed off at the other person. Then tell them off, …ending with :Namaste>"

It is a Hindu term for salutations of “bless you” so it can definitely be used passive aggressively. But if it really did literally mean “fuck you” then it sends mixed messages when teachers and students say it to each other when their yoga class has finished.

Wikipedia “sometimes spoken as Namaskar, Namaskaram is a respectful form of greeting in Hindu custom”

But yeah, “fuck you” also works :slight_smile:

Namaste :pray: :japanese_goblin:

@JamJerrupSunset I can tell you the people using Namaste is most definitely not in the nice practice. Ugh.! I guess I still haven’t figured out. Most people who say the term are being very nasty when they say it. Maybe only in America! But they get really nasty/snarky!

Peace…

Bahaha, this reminds me how much I detest Julia Roberts and her annoying overacting.

America’s Sweetheart? How dare you. :japanese_goblin:

The literal meaning is “I bow to you” and used with the hand gesture in India where is originated it implys I bow to the divine within you. The idea is that everyone has god in them so to speak. “The divine in me acknowleges the divine in you,” together with the hands placed together in the center of the chest at the location of the heart chakra and a little bow. In it’s original use and among many who have appropriated it for their own use whether they do yoga or practice mindfulness, it’s very kind and respectful. But like anything that becomes popular it also becomes misused.

So it’s like when someone says “Peace out” or “Have a nice day” when they are clearly pissed. It’s passive aggressive at best. Or “What would Jesus do?” becomes not advice to be good but an pointed insult on how bad someone is.

So you really have to take it in context. Is your best friend good naturedly telling you to “Bugger off” or is someone really about to kill you and that’s the warning shot across the bow?

@K9KarmaCasa - Exactly what I am saying. I have read ALL of that and I constantly hear people signing off with Namaste when they are pissed at someone else. It has nothing to do with peace, etc…They basically sound like they think it’s some hippie way to say fuck off or something…lol

People misuse words all the time with no real idea what they mean.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!