A Free Dog thread

I was confused, too. I looked back over the whole thread to see if I’d missed something, like that she was the creator of the videos and had posted about them before. :thinking:

Pluto’s videos went viral during the pandemic and I’d followed them since. Pluto’s owner posted a letter about Pluto’s decline health this spring which @neo232 stole and posted here. Pluto has now passed away.

1 Like

Aw, too bad. I only watched the one where Pluto advised humans how to deal with the pandemic- where to find snacks and how to get along without toilet paper, which was hilarious. Sent the link to all my dog-people friends, who loved it.

2 Likes

I think that was the initial one that went viral.

maybe Plutos blog is helping her to deal with loss of or losing a senior dog<><>

I think it’s a fake account set up to try to spam the forum. After a while we mods start to notice patterns. Sometimes we’re wrong but usually suspicious accounts show their true colors.

Regardless, representing someone else’s work as your own is always wrong. They cut and pasted an entire letter, they weren’t just influenced by Pluto Living blog.

4 Likes

Maybe I have a paucity of imagination, but I can’t figure out how it would relate to spamming. It’s not like the post was advertising anything. Just can’t see what the motivation would be, unless trying to appear legit while working up to some spam. Very odd.

People can’t spam or start threads until they have built a trust level. There are a variety of ways to participate that build trust levels. I’m not sure what the pop ups say to new users about this but maybe they think a longer post is needed. Many spammers are based in non English speaking countries and when they post it’s an odd and short post.

1 Like

‘Snuffling’ :laughing: apparadently only in a dog owners vocabulary. Love it!

Coming in late here but I’ve been mostly absent from the forum most of this summer…and that will probably continue for the next month…but I can’t pass up the chance to share a picture of our Rufus.

The poor fella had a large lipoma (size of a small lemon) removed in August and we couldn’t persuade him to leave the stitches alone so it was cone of shame time. He has such a speaking expression; you can just see the reproach in this eyes. “How could you do this to me?”

7 Likes

Oh, a black-and-tan dachshund. I’ve had many of those in my life!

After decades of dachshunds, I met my husband Virgil, who had greyhounds. So I went from dogs with hardly any legs to dogs that are just about all legs!

2 Likes

:laughing: :joy:

Dachshunds are lovely. My husband grew up in Munich and they always had dachshunds when he was growing up. But Rufus is not a Dachshund, believe me.

Front view

Back view

Side view

We aren’t sure what he is but he’s a mix for sure.

6 Likes

he’s adorable, maybe has a bit of Rotti?

2 Likes

Maybe but his build is more that of a shepherd and he’s only about half the size of a Rotti. It doesn’t show in the pictures but his tail is curled like a husky tail when he’s relaxed and happy. And one eye is half blue.

1 Like

my daughter has a Kelpie X Rottie X german shepherd.

5 Likes

Remember that guy who came on here a few years back pre pandemic who seemed a very enthusiastic poster and replier to others but then started advertising his services as a product manager. That stood out like dog’s balls (is that a saying outside Australia?).

I always thought “kelpie” was an Australian breed used to describe every medium sized dog of indeterminate parentage who would be okay working on a farm or cattle station (ranch). Usually trainable, good natured (unless mistreated) and active.

No one quite comes to mind now but I’m guessing that there’s been a few like that. Was it JanJ?

I don’t think so but I like it because every time I see a dog with them still attached I think…WTF are those doing still on?

2 Likes

AFAIK it’s a specific dog breed, used for mustering. They love to round up cattle, ours isn’t trained and he has incredible natural ability to herd the cows.

1 Like

This American/Canadian has never heard that one before, but Aussies have the best sayings and terms. “Budgie smuggler” is my all-time favorite.

Canadians have some good ones, too. “F**kin’ the dog” means standing around idly when there is work to be done.

2 Likes