99% occupancy for 4 months with two rooms and feeling burned out

Downey wrinkle release is your friend. I never iron. $6 a bottle, use and smooth.

3 Likes

This is Buster. The guests LOVE himā€¦ And he has done more for business than ironed sheets, obsessive cleaning or any extras combinedā€¦:smiley:

You will notice he is not fancy. Heā€™s a fighting alpha male who hates other males but LOVES guests. His nose is always scratchedā€¦He gets furniture really gross. Something in his coat is greasy. Heā€™s the only male cat Iā€™ve ever owned who loves his belly rubbed. Heā€™s so good he will never rush the door trying to get in. Heā€™ll wait politely at the door to be invited. He brings so many rats to the doors. He cracks us up.

10 Likes

1,000,000 plus likes! Buster rocks!

2 Likes

Hey, as long as you all showing pet pictures, I greet all my guests with my English Sertter ā€˜Donnieā€™; all the guests get a kick out of the informality of it all.

6 Likes

All you need to do is raise the price! When I first started mine, I wondered why so many hosts had such high prices. I started out low, like everyone else, and did my best, like everyone else, and now my prices are high to stem the flow. When itā€™s so high no one books anymore you can relax and recover until you feel like lowering your prices again.

1 Like

I never knew such a thing existed! I will get this tomorrow!

Do you use the fresh scent, crisp linen orā€¦ Iā€™m not one for scented stuff.

But well worth the money considering how much energy I use keeping that iron hot and steamyā€¦

Thanks!

I have an aversion, me and my nose and allergies anyway, to the chemicals in those dryer sheets. There is not one natural ingredient in them. Also, many guests do not want the chemicals because they are allergic also. Thereā€™s gotta be an alternative. Maybe make your own dryer sachets?

I use the light fresh scent. I LOVE this product. Sheets out, almost completely, dry, put on bed, spray, and smooth. I used to spray all the sheets, but now only top half where their heads are on both top and bottom sheets and pillowcases. Never a complaint from guests about the smell. Makes it so easy to make a beautiful bed in minutes.

I learned about it from another host on this site, so a big thank you to that host.

1 Like

Can you send me the name of the product in private as I canā€™t see anymore

Thanks

just for an example - itā€™s more expensive from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Downy-ONE-002B-Wrinkle-Releaser-33-8/dp/B00J5HWHZU/ref=sr_1_2_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1469443435&sr=1-2&keywords=downy+wrinkle+release

1 Like

Thanks for the information.

Walmart. Only place to buy it. $5.97.

I saw it on Amazon. It is a crazy price.

1 Like

Iā€™m living in Ireland and thatā€™s not available here :frowning: My husband is from Boston though, Iā€™m going to contact my inlaws to see if they can send me some! :slight_smile:

Hi Maggy we donā€™t allow cooking and only allow heating of food. We are constantly booked. Be brave and make the house rules that suit you. There are always people out there that will stay and donā€™t wonā€™t to cook. Regards from Australia

3 Likes

Another alternative is buying a plastic spritzer bottle, filling it with water, and trying to smooth out wrinkles when the material is damp. Or taking an iron to it. Oh, how I hate ironing!

1 Like

your price is too low.

I have a friend with dogs who rents her basement apartment, and she has had probably 10 out of 100 reviews say, ā€œI could hear the dogs overhead,ā€ even though she notes this fact in her listing. I do wonder if warning guests about something gives them the idea to complain about it. Or if, from a guestā€™s perspective, they are saying to future guests, ā€œYup, it is true you can hear the dogs!ā€

Yet my husband stomps instead of walks and Iā€™ve only had two guests note it was loud overhead!

I actually like it when guests mention something in review that I would like other guests to know. Guests donā€™t read what weā€™ve written in the listing, but they do read reviews. I was appreciative when a guest wrote that if you love dogs youā€™ll be happy in our place, but that they are part of the family and have access everywhere except the guest room, so if youā€™re not comfortable with that book elsewhere.

It one out of ten of your friendā€™s guests are complaining about the dogs walking it might be time to clip their nails. One of our dogs needs his nails clipped weekly as they grow fast. Thankfully, he doesnā€™t protest when we give him a mani/pedi. Our other dogā€™s nails grow so slowly, she only needs them clipped a few times a year. When we clip hers youā€™d think we were torturing her.

10 out of whatever is a large number, and I guess these guests also had other issues with a property dominated by dogs who most likely barked as all dogs do. Personally, when I travel, I try to get away from dog noise because I live in a dog impacted area like most of SoCal. Your friend just needs to be very honest about the dog noise issue and put it right up there in front of the listing and let people know they will have to be able to tolerate this annoyance.

Whatā€™s odd is I board dogs and yet in my review keywords, ā€œquietā€ comes up. I think I do an excellent job of keeping them quiet and itā€™s nice that other people think so too.

1 Like