5 stars for everything but 4 stars in overall experience

Can’t you give the street name of your apartment or at least the name of a nearby landmark? I’ve done it several time.

Does your listing specify (and do you reinforce in your welcome note) that your location is in Surrey—exactly as you said in what I quoted from your post?

yes on all accounts. when setting it up you have to pick which city you’re in and its in the ad as well. PLUS i have been a guest with airbnb - when you’re searching in an area such as the lower mainland it clearly shows and states the different cities. when you type in “vancouver” surrey doesn’t show up unless you broaden your search past 22km. so at that point you’d have to be pretty dumb to not realize surrey is a distance aways

the 3 guests i’ve had that gave me bad location ratings were all guests that i had ample conversation with prior to them booking - and me clearly stating its 45 min by transit plus a 15 minute walk to the transit station (same amount of time if you took the bus down the hill) to get to downtown vancouver. Any guest that mentions working or visiting in specific cities (like richmond) was forewarned that transit is doable just long, at least an hour. So its not like they’ve come in unprepared. plus, reality is, once you book you get the host’s address. take 5 minutes to google map their address to where you need to go and if it sucks, then cancel. its purely laziness on the guests behalf

• rant mode *

Another illustration of why taking the overall experience instead of an average of some sort is idiot ( the Booking.com idiotic way )

Yes that is still 8/10, but it should have been 10/10

We put this little sign on the bookcase. I think I found it on here someplace and owe the author Thanks Again, it’s gotten faded. Might replace. It works perfectly! All 5*!

Here is a quick rundown on how the review system for Airbnb works.**

5 ***** =Just as described (or better).
**** =Not as described, it was just “OK”.
*** =What a dump.
** =This host should be in jail.
=Bulldoze the place*

Location Rating:
***** =I can read a map & the location was just as described on the map.
**** =I can’t read the map, the place was in the wrong location.
*** =I never found the place
** =I didn’t read the description.
=I forgot how to read a map.*

Value Rating:
***** =The price was as described.
**** =I didn’t read description.
*** =I skipped that part of the listing.
** =I’m a total cheapskate.
=I’d rather be couch surfing.*

3 Likes