2 bedrooms, one bathroom

option 1) rent the rooms separately but they’ll share the bathroom
option 2) rent the rooms and private bathroom to one party of four.

What might get the most interest, tourist city centre, no kitchen

Discussed recently:

1 Like

Thankyou sm, that thread has already made my mind up. Rent it all as one 2bed unit, with their own bathroom

1 Like

That’s what I was going to suggest as well.

1 Like

I might not get as many bookings, asking for four people rather than a couple, but it should be ok

But your life will be easier and overall your guests will be happier not having to share a loo with strangers.

1 Like

yup, that’s what I must bear in mind

Mmh, I’m going to disagree. Four people are going to look for an entire property. Your place will not even feature in their search. I successfully rented two rooms with shared bathroom for a few years. You have to be on-site and keep a close eye out but it’s very doable. It’s the never-ending question of costs versus traffic. Personally, I’ve found that slightly lower prices and lots of guests is more lucrative than high costs, demanding guests and fewer bookings.

2 Likes

Are you a live-in host?
If you don’t live on site, only option2 is acceptable to me.
If you do live on site, both options are perfectly acceptable and I would offer both options.

In our rental apartment we rented two bedrooms separately with one shared bathroom. Most of the time we ourselves were using one of those bedrooms and sharing the bathroom with our guests. We didn’t get any complaints. The few times we had two groups of guests we didn’t get complaints either.

In our new place I redesigned the bathrooms so that the two rooms share a separate toilet with decent sink, and a shower room (without toilet) with a decent sink. This way one person can be using the loo or brushing their teeth in one bathroom, while another person can be showering or brushing their teeth in the other bathroom. I believe that this setup will give a better “shared bathroom” experience to our guests.

1 Like

Hi @GutHend! It is nice to see you back…!

2 Likes

No pressure…but I’ll be one of many Forum-ites who will be standing by to check out the photos of your new digs!

1 Like

It isn’t actually ready yet :frowning: and at the moment we are occupied by other things. It’s complicated :roll_eyes:, but we won’t open before March of next year. It could very well be even much later than that. Anyway, at the moment we are not having any guests.

1 Like

As a host with a similar set up we only host one group at a time in that space. We get just as many 2 person bookings as we do 4 person bookings. It’s a good option for pairs who don’t want to share a room. Often we’ll get two friends, or a parent and adult child combo. It seems to work well for us.
Maybe we’d get more bookings if we booked the two rooms separately but I like that we can offer a totally private space and don’t have to worry about how two groups are going to interact with each other

2 Likes

I have 2 bedrooms that share a bath, usually they are booked separately.

I was going to second that! I sent you some towels folded like ducks for your hubby to see… did you get it? :rofl:

Or if Gut prefers he can start a PM thread for feedback and we will gladly offer our peanut gallery opinions without postin it publicly for the world to see. :rofl:

1 Like

@konacoconutz - For sure!

@GutHend - You look so sad (at least, your chosen emoji does). It’s a bit worrisome.

I wouldn’t limit myself to one or the other - do both. You just need to be a bit more on top of your calendars or link them. I have a similar set-up as a live-in host. I do have 99.9% tourists visiting Costa Rica and always thought I was more on the budget side, but prices are on a downward spiral, where it becomes ridiculous.
I figure: more listings, more exposure and for those that value a private bathroom, add a hint in the other listing description.

1 Like