1bed or 2 bed most popular?

Does any one know if 1 bedroom listings or 2 bedroom listings are more successful?

It’s about your market, I rent out a 2,3 and 5 bedroom houses - each has its own market. Two people travelling would prefer a 2 bed, a couple would look at a one bed. Look at what is being rented around you and see what has the most advance bookings

Whis is the bussiest? 2, 3 or 5 ?
I’m curious because I only rent out studios and 1 bedroom apartments

I rent out a separate self contained floor of my house as a 2 bedroom apartment (1 queen + 2 bunks). I only charge for 2, 3 or 4 guests I would say it splits: 75% couples who use the double bdrm, 20% families or groups of 3 or 4 friends who use both bedrooms and (slightly annoyingly) 5% where it is 2 friends but they each take a separate bedroom. If it wasn’t that the 2bdrm set up was dictated by the existing house I would just go for the 1 bedroom and have a fold out couch in the living room that can accommodate 1 or 2 more people. Though if it was in a popular family area 2 bedrooms would definitely seem like an advantage.

The 3 is the busiest, but I make more from the 5

I have a one bedroom condo and a two bedroom condo in the same neighborhood in a coastal resort area. Overwhelmingly the two bedroom rents better in the off season and rents more quickly in the summer.

For example for the 2 BR unit: Jan-May 2018 off season is already fully booked. Of the prime season of June-August 2018, July is already booked.

The 2BR unit tends to be parents with children. The 1 BR (queen bed plus sofa sleeper) unit tends to be 2-3 adults. Different markets.

1 Like

I think 2, 3, beds in general are more popular as you are not directly competing with most Hotels. My 3 bedroom unit, hotels, would not even be an option for many of the people I host.

I believe you should check the statistics on such sites as Everbooked or AirDNA. We use the last one constantly. Hope it helps.