180 days in Los Angeles

Hi there,
I wonder if you could all kindly shed some light on this for me. I understand in LA we are capped at 180 days. Do you know if this is a year from when you started airbnbing or the Calendar year?

Many thanks in advance

The 180 day cap is being considered by the City Council. It has not yet been voted on.

City Council in LA just this week decided to move forward on a 120-day ordinance. I’ve read somewhere, but am not certain, that hosts can get a waiver allowing more than 120 days if neighbors within 100 feet (of their property line?) agree.

@tfnyla, I found this information in the article below:

According to the bill, short-term rental hosts would need the approval of all neighbors within 100 feet to exceed the ordinance’s 120-day limit, or otherwise prove to the city that exceeding the limit would not adversely affect the neighborhood.

@bigappledude This is interesting. Seems there is some elasticity given the host to prove he or she is not adversely affecting the neighborhood instead of just neighbors having the right to give permission only.

“According to the bill, short-term rental hosts would need the approval of all neighbors within 100 feet to exceed the ordinance’s 120-day limit, or otherwise prove to the city that exceeding the limit would not adversely affect the neighborhood.”