What do you think of the Airbnb superhost program?

Have you framed the letter and hung it in your area? And displayed the book on the coffee table? If not, consider milking this honor for all it is worth! :tongue in cheek:

2 Likes

Oh sure!!! Lol. Jeez I was so excited retrieving the package from the mailbox. It’s chocolates! A box of Cliff bars! But no. It’s this stupid book glorifying the company founders getting rich off us humble toilet scrubbers and butt kissers so we can get SH status.

Oh well, the voucher is nice and I actually think it’s helped boost my bookings. Guests have mentioned it.

2 Likes

Ha! I just read that book.It’s - well - interesting. Interesting too that Airbnb is giving it away as a freebie.

We’ve been superhosts since the first assessment and really, it means nothing. I like to say to my other half over dinner ‘oh, we got superhost again’ but that’s about it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dang, too bad. Sounds like J would be happy to send it to you for the cost of shipping.

Over here I look forward to my $100 travel voucher. It’s a night away and I like it.

2 Likes

Congratulations! Perhaps it might have been a tad more meaningful if they sent you an autographed copy of the book signed by someone from “The Team” and addressed personally to you: “Friend”.

Missed opportunity.

4 Likes

@jaquo

I can relate. I also mentioned over dinner that we attained Super Host status. It was followed by a belch from across the table.

2 Likes

Haha! That’s more or less the reaction that I get! :slight_smile:

@jaquo

It’s a shame men don’t go to finishing school.

4 Likes

Oh I’m not that easily won over. Have to be more than an autograph. Like maybe a fan of $100 bills :o

3 Likes

Oh @J_Wang…you’re easy!

1 Like

We received a $100 travel credit for being super hosts for a year, so lol I kind of like it? I think some of the expectations are a little crazy, but we’re on track to get a second full year of super host. Other than the $100 credit I don’t really care about the program.

We’re at well over 200 guests at this point and we’ve only had ONE bad review (which came from something not reading the listing).

1 Like

Last guest may have given me bad marks although maybe not. The stars are all still filled in–even the darned location one–but maybe it takes time. She crabbed about the sun waking her up in the morning, which it would because as I mention clearly in the description no curtains so be ready for the bright SoCal sunrise.