What do you think of the Airbnb superhost program?

I agree, I’m about to get SH and I review every time. And I get reviews about 75% of the time.

I agree with Colorado. I never ever review first unless it’s been discussed with the guest and we’ve agreed to give each other great reviews. Too many unknowns!!

2 Likes

You have to be a superhost for 4 quarters in all to get the 100$ check.
Many guests think 4 is a fine note - I can see that when I see comments in the review aligned with notes.

I’m not sure what you mean by notes.

I see that some hosts are proactive in getting good reviews by discussing the upcoming review with the guest or even soliciting a “pre-review”. This is a good technique I suppose, but I just couldn’t do it. I never talk about reviews with the guests even when they have mentioned it on their way out because it makes me feel like I’m being manipulated.

I think is a way for Airbnb to convice hosts to use only their platform. I am using other platforms and I also hosts guests directly, I would never use only one platform, it is too risky

I would book your space just for the opportunity to hang out for awhile with those two! They are irresistible.

1 Like

Thanks very much for the compliments for my dogs.

By notes I mean the ciffer 1-5 guests evaluate your apartment aside the review in writing. I have many guests who write very positive but give the note 4 on one or two items, and that will make the Superhost-status very diffficult to obtain

There seems to be a lot of confusion about the star ratings and Superhost status. The only rating that counts toward Superhost status is the Overall Experience rating.

Got it. Yes I agree. I had a couple of jerks–oops, I mean charming guests–leave a 3 or 4 for location ages ago but I still see a little nick out of that 5th star for location.

Also, the Super Ho rating is based on Overall Experience.

@florbon. The only way to get Resolution with abnb is to complain on their Facebook page and/or tweet. It is amazing how fast someone who actually knows how to help will contact you. Amazing.

No sorry. I have tried Facebook and no one has helped me on this issue. Recently I get a message from one of the current CS employees that was working with my ticket, saying that the techs are still looking to my issue. More than 6 months without a solution. I really don’t believe someone is looking to my issue. We are just a few hosts with this problem so it is better to move on than to waste our tech resources spending time with it. At least, it is nice to be aware how the company proceeds when you have a problem :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t get as many guests as you (200 wow) but I have a minimum 2 night stay. I think the key to SH is being nice and helpful. Greet your guests and check in with them along the way.

Since I never know if a guest review will be negative or not I really don’t use that to decide when my review will be given of the guest. I usually try to give the review as soon as I remember. My reviews are all the same that the gas was nice and I enjoyed having him stay with us. And it’s all true all the people are nice and I do enjoy having them around.

Have never had a negative review but I am very selective on who I host. I look at every guest inquiry closely. I also deny any guest asking for discounts or asking to bend the rules. This Type Of Guest ID Never happy, AND Usually Will Be difficult.

That being said, there is no value to me of the Super Host program. Their customer support at AirB&B is done through third world Nations by people whose first language may be a series of clicks and pops. I can’t understand half of them and the other half can’t understand me.

So in the end if I lost super host status it probably wouldn’t make a damn bit of difference to me.

1 Like

We are lucky in Hawaii. Most guests are having a great time and in a happy mood. I always text them, or message them through ABB, after they leave and thank them for coming and also for leaving the space so clean, which almost all do. I tell them how much we really appreciate them for choosing our place, and that I hope we lived up to their expectations. This sets the tone for a great review.

1 Like

Most guests are happy to be here, yes, but quite a few still find something to complain about.

Good ideas…I just accepted a guest that was asking for a better price, but it’s just 3 of them and they will be working a show 8 am - 8 pm everyday for a 5 night stay.it’s for next week and I had just cut my price by $20-30/night already. I told her I’d give her the weekly discount (which is 5%). She booked. Hoping for the best.

Hmmm, we haven’t had that experience yet, but our nightly price ranges from $79-$89, which is on the low end in Kona. I guess they’re pleasantly surprised by how nice the studio is, or something. If they’re paying more I guess they think they have a right to complain. We also recently bought a condo in Mauna Lani resort. By self-managing and keeping our rate slightly below the average, we are acheiving the same result. So far, so good and knock on wood!

That was my price range when I first started out and they still complained… Not sure why as I am in a great location next to snorkeling, full apartment, completely outfitted! … It is what it is I suppose. Glad you are having luck! I’ve been at this for almost 7 years… and most guests are fine, but chances are good you will get the occasional clunker. Hope you won’t!

Giving SH status so soon seems unfair, but it’s probably a good thing because it will “hook” new hosts and hopefully make them commit to the long term and not give up.

Holding on to SH status isn’t easy because the law of averages is against you. The more guests you take in the greater the likelihood of getting bad reviews. Not true for all hosts of course but we see on our forum here stories of true super hosts losing that badge for what seems like reasons beyond their control.

Also, besides getting a little better customer service and a modest $100 voucher for holding onto SH status for a year, you get such wonderful perks! I just got this marvellous book about how wonderful Airbnb is. I’m underwhelmed!

2 Likes