Suggestion on reviewing guest

I’m not going to call AirBnB over this. People don’t see the individual stars that people give and the review isn’t bad - it is actually good. I have plenty of good reviews after that. If AirBnB delisted listings like mine - they really wouldn’t have many people left to host. The guests did say that I allowed things that I would not normally allow and was gracious about - which I was.

I have called AirBnB twice. I call AirBnB about people who completely lied to AirBnB and wanted a full three day stay refunded when in private message that tell me they thought they were getting a full house… I called AirBnB when a guest who never actually showed up decides to review me and gives me a negative review. And that review HAD BETTER be blocked as AirBnB said it was and that it will not appear on my listing.

1 Like

A bit like guests, eh? Nothing is ever good enough. It’s either too sweary or not sweary enough. We have become a nation(s) of complainers but never willing to do anything to change things! Cheers kona - send some of your sunshine over here please, we are rained out :frowning:

All’s well that ends well.

@JerseyDevil - our home in the Caribbean does not have an oven. We have only a small counter top oven. And I love to bake bread! Oh, well, when we redo the kitchen some day in the future that will change.

I don’t understand this viewpoint at all. Airbnb has become one of the largest accommodation providers in the world without having to buy any hotels/motels/B & Bs thanks to us hosts. They are currently valued at around 31 billion dollars thanks in great part to the inventory they receive for free from hosts. In addition to not having to purchase buildings; they don’t have to maintain them. In my view, this entitles me to make use of the charade they call customer service any time I wish. If they need more customer service representatives, they should hire more.

4 Likes

I think it is billion with a B… I agree…without abusing the system, I think hosts should feel free to call them with questions or concerns. That is part of what our service fees pay for. It’s almost 20 percent now if you in luxe guest and host.

You are correct. I corrected my typo.

1 Like

This is why I stopped labelling myself vegetarian. As soon as you do suddenly your food choices become scrutinised. ‘Oh is that butter? I thought you said you were vegetarian?’. ‘Oh are those chocolate peanuts? I thought you said you were vegetarian?’ It got hugely infuriating.

I never question anyone on their eating or choices… I just happen to notice that sometimes those who are the most sanctimonious are the same ones eating all the dessert before anyone else has a chance at it.

Chocolate peanuts? Really?

These are people who don’t understand the difference between vegetarian and vegan.

2 Likes

Yes that’s true. Tiring nevertheless.