Suggestion on reviewing guest

I also tried several listings. My husband is calling Airbnb. If he doesn’t give up, I’ll tell you what they say.

I’m on an ipad and Robert’s listing comes right up…through the app though.

Maybe it’s a site issue.

It isn’t actually $45 a night right now - that is just the base price that I have set since it is pricing October right now. For August it is $65/night. It seems to be in line with what others in the area are pricing their rooms for.

1 Like

We were able to access our listing on our phones. The problem seems to be on desktops.

Still a good deal right by the beach.

It seems to be all cleared up now. I called AirBnB and they said they were having technical issues and were getting calls about it. I tried it again while I was on the phone with them and it worked.

1 Like

The only problem is that I’m not ocean. If I had a a house actually in Seaside just blocks from the ocean beach - then I would be charging far more.

I kept my review relatively neutral and I am glad I did. Their review wasn’t terrible and they only mentioned the sponge and stuff in their private comments…

This is what they said…

“We were 2 couples staying at Robert’s place for 2 nights. We each had a good size room upstairs which was simple and air-conditioned. The beds were air mattresses and quite comfortable. The bathroom was downstairs, clean and adequate for all of us. The downstairs is still undergoing some remodeling so the kitchen and dining/ seating area is limited. Robert was not used to folks bringing in food to prepare (he only offers coffee and a microwave) but he graciously made room in his refrigerator for us. This is a small house but Robert made sure to give us privacy. He was also available for questions about the house and the surrounding area. He has a friendly little dog named “Jake”.”

Now this is what I had said which I think basically matches up with what they said in their review…

“I’m not sure if my house was really what they were looking for. While I allow limited use of the kitchen in terms of the the microwave to heat up food, use of the coffee maker and to store leftovers or drinks in the refrigerator, they did take it over as well as the dining room which I don’t generally allow for guests usage. My house is also going through remodeling in the kitchen and dining room and was not prepared for guests using it. They did keep the place clean and did fully clean up the kitchen and dining room however.”

3 Likes

Robert, I took a look at your Airbnb and your place has been viewed this week almost 300 times and it looks grate! You got here the best advises. I feel terrible that someone could criticize your diet.
How many stars did they give to you in the review?

What did you write for them?

Hi Marina!!! Miss seeing you here!!!

They gave me four stars so now my 5 star rating is at 87% for this listing is. Sometimes I don’t get how people rate - so it doesn’t much matter. One of the things that dropped me down is people saying how everything is great - giving me 5 stars on everything except one thing and then overall experience - 4 stars.

For cleanliness I think they gave me a 3 because of the kitchen and dining room which they weren’t supposed to really be using the way they were to begin with.

Thanks for the compliments - most people seem to be extremely happy with my place.

You know… would it be worth a try to get Air to remove that review? Based on the fact that they rated you on “Amenities” that they were not even supposed to access.

Oy. This is so aggravating.

I would call.

1 Like

No!!! It’s a four-star rating and a pretty good review. There’s nothing to say. I really can’t stand this nannying attitude where hosts run to airbnb crying that someone left a less than stellar review whaaah, boo hoo!. Leave the lines open for hosts dealing with REAL issues.

I’ve had your issue, @JerseyDevil, when a group books both your rooms and then takes over your entire space. I’ve even had it with just one couple in one room! It’s hard. It sounds like they were the kind of guests who think that Airbnb is a free-for-all and they were welcome to make themselves at home. It’s good that both of your reviews were reasonable. You have a great place and clearly people enjoy it.

2 Likes

Disagreee. If he is rated unfairly on something he does not offer it is a big deal and he should not take it lying down. It’s wrong and if there is a chance in getting the review removed, I would do it.

Unfortunately, in the world of Air, four star equals sub par.

If you have enough four star reviews Air will suspend you, so it is very much a big deal.

But he wasn’t rated unfairly! The guests left a good review and gave their assessment of the experience. That’s their right. By all means call Airbnb night and day to complain about their ridiculous insistence on hosts getting 5 stars. But don’t call them to complain about a guest giving a four-star rating when you think it should have been 5*. How much of an entitled host would you be to do that??

1 Like

Mags you gotta watch your language. Can you edit?

1 Like

This is what I mean.

What? not even a**hole is allowed? Ok fine. Here’s some smelling salts for the faint of heart…

3 Likes

Someone complained recently that the forum was getting too boring, no trolls, swearing or drama.

That’s how you know you have good mods!:rofl::rofl:

Anyway, cheers Mag, hope you having a good evening there across the Pond. :blush:

2 Likes