Show off your Airbnb listing!

Hello to every one.
I am Antonio from Treviso/Venezia, Italy.
I am new to this board, and being hosting around one year till now with AirBnB.
I would like to share with all of you my two listings:
https://www.airbnb.it/rooms/6797190 - a private room
https://www.airbnb.it/rooms/5895998 - a suite/studio
Both are on ground floor in the Villa where me and my wife also live on first floor.
Hope to have done no errors :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think youā€™ve done a great job making it very clear what you do and do not offer - down to telling people that the train isnā€™t convenient. I shop listings often for little trips for my family of 5, and often details about such things as where Iā€™ll wash the dishes (we often heat one meal a day when traveling) is omitted and itā€™s frustrating.

Iā€™m curious, though, why you only allow 4 people in the larger listing. It seems perfect for 5 or even 6. (This from a mom with three kids). Iā€™m sure you have your reasons. Just curious what they are. Once your listing is for more then 4 I think the competition gets much thinner.

Your place looks adorable. Good luck, and welcome to the forum, @greenit16!

1 Like

Many thanks for your greetings and welcome to the forum.
We allow only 4 persons in the suite (also 5 if there is a little child that can sleep in a cot or in the double bed with other kids) because there is only two double beds in the large bed room of the suite. And also because many of our guests in the past (even when they were only three persons) pretended, (or tried so) on arrival, to have both the suite and the single bed room for the same price, saying that the listing was not clear on that point.
The suite with the single room and the bathroom and the corridor corrispond to a total space of around 74 sqm. If we consider also the possibility to use the laundry of other 16 sqm and of the garden of 800 sqm., a free covered park for guests car in the garden etc. etc. ā€¦ local taxes included, we really donā€™t know what else ā€¦
All our guests, when they arrive, remain very surprised of the available exclusive space for them ā€¦ and confess that the photos didnā€™t give the real dimension of space available.
It had been very difficult for us to explain to our guests that our larger listing is mainly to show that there is the possibility to book from two till six persons, but that the use of the second single room of 18 sqm has to be booked apart. Or in any case booked, if for more then 4, after asking availability of the same, to avoid overbooking.
We have tried to resolve out the problem with Airbnb, but they answered that at the moment their software doesnā€™t give the possibillity to arrange two listings interchangeable.
Sometimes we have bookings from a couple that is interested only to have a room where to sleep and decide that the single room is OK for them, and sometimes we have booking from a couple, or more people, that instead wants a kitchen for their esclusive use and so wants the suite.
We have hosted also in the past an entire family, or groups of friends of total 6 adult persons. But to do so without problems we had to give up with immediate booking.
Hope we had cleared some of the points that needed further explanations.
Many thanks again for your interest on our listing.

1 Like

Here are my Airbnb listings:

Oslo central station apartment

Room for rent 5 min from Oslo Central Station

If you would like to review my listings and have any suggestions for improvement, let me know :slight_smile:

Jan you are obviously an artist of sorts; I got engrossed just looking at the great pictures!

1 Like

Really cool places and Iā€™ve added the larger one to my wish list of fellow forum hosts - just a dream - who knowsā€¦some day!!

As a mom who searches lots of listings for my family of 5, and some times in-laws are joining us, I would suggest that your opening description give more info about beds, bathroom and kitchen. Larger groups need to know who is going to sleep where and on what type of bed. You donā€™t have to mention your reviews because we see that first. Something like 'first bedroom has full bed with optional twin. 2nd bedroom has bunk ā€¦ fully equipped kitchen and private bathā€¦fantastic view in a beautiful city"

Thatā€™s just me - especially if it is a mixed group, like a sister-in-law is coming along. You do have that info but itā€™s buried down below. And I would mentioned the fantastic view right upfront as well. Thatā€™s more important to most people than a coffee maker.

Just my opinion, dear @Jan_J! Lovely places.

post must beā€¦ ā€” what does that meanā€¦?

1 Like

posts on this forum must be at least 20 characters. So when I have nothing more to say I type that phrase until the pop-up message disappears.

Try typing me a message with just a few characters then hit reply

in Denver, CO.

Ok, Iā€™ve been on here for awhile, but I want to get peopleā€™s thoughts on my listing. Thanks! https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13780291?preview

FYI, fall in St. Louis is great for apple picking and sight-seeing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Sarah,
Did you do a 3D stencil over the dining table? It looks really cute!

Thatā€™s one of those metal wall hangings. I got it 90% off at Hobby Lobby!

Nice! I too have found that aisle at Hobby Lobby very useful.

1 Like

Sarah, I would put the photo of the bed as your first picture. Itā€™s very pretty. And some people are put off by window-unit a/c. I would wow them with some of the other photos first!

1 Like

Hi, A little ā€˜wordyā€™, pics need workā€¦ But with 81 rave reviews WTH do I know? Raise your prices?

1 Like

I plan to update my pics once I get my new mattress in. Iā€™m actually thinking of updating the bedspread as we got it when we got married 13 years ago, lol.

1 Like

Place looks great! Love ā€œshakey faceā€ and the baby goats in sweaters (hey @LegendsCreek check it out). You two are clearly fun and have a great sense of humour. I would stay with you :slight_smile:.

1 Like

There is nothing cuter than baby goats in sweaters!

1 Like

literally NOTHING. maybe otters, but i didnt want to get too crazy animal lady :stuck_out_tongue:

lol weā€™re debating raising the price if the laws in Denver change (which they are on the horizon to do)