Should I provide beach towels?

My apartment is located in a very historic village in a central part of the island of Malta, the nearest beach is 5km away. I know many tourists visit Malta in summer for the sun and the beach. Would you supply guests with beach towels so that they can take them to the beach?

I do. Our apartment sleeps two so in addition to the regular towels, we provide two striped beach towels. We are closer to the beach than you are so we also provide two beach chairs, a sun umbrella and a cooler. I’d say that they are used 50% of the time.

2 Likes

I’m almost exactly the same as jaquo – we are 5-10 miles from the beach, depending on which beach – we supply towels, beach chairs, a beach umbrella and a cooler for guests to borrow.

It only makes sense to “cater” to guests since it costs you little and gains you lots of positive PR. Identify your things with a permanent marker so they don’t accidentally walk away, and remind each set of guests to please bring things back so others can enjoy using them.

2 Likes

I don’t have the properties near the beach, but I would recommend providing the towels. It won’t cost you much but will provide a value to your guests and increase your chance for a positive review. Absolutely agree with Ken. Also, it would be nice to provide the instructions on how to find the beach.

1 Like

I think beach towels would be a nice touch for your listing. They are fairly inexpensive and I’d imagine your guests would be very appreciative (ie 5 star reviews :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I would think if you do not provide them, they will just take the bathroom towels. Depending on those towels you might not want them used at the beach.

2 Likes

Most definitely, I’m less than a mile from the beach and offer towels, chairs, noodles, mats, umbrella, cooler and snorkel gear. Towels are a must for any beach listing.

1 Like

This is a tough one. As I provide a pool as an amenity I definitely provide towels specifically for the pool. If I was close to a beach I would provide specific towels when the alternative would be them bringing my nice bathroom towels. If you don’t, I would make it clear in your listing that guests need to provide their own towels and yours should not be removed. But I think it would be worth it to provide some inexpensive beach towels…