Short Term Stays company

Hi

Anyone knows Short Term stays company? and have comments about them

Thanks

Do you mean a company offering short term stays or one called Short Term Stays.

If you mean the former there are quite a few - just do a Google search for your area. If you mean the latter - I’ve never heard of them.

http://www.ststays.com/

I don’t need to use this sort of company as I am comfortable at managing and marketing my own property and see no need for my visitors to pay additional charges that would be incurred.

However if you manage your property through multiple sites and have more than one property you might want to consider depending on the quality of the SEO support they offer, their fees, what they offer etc.

It seems that they haven’t been in business for very long. The domain was only created last year, they have no Alexa ranking in the US and the worldwide ranking is very, very low. According to Linked In, the parent company has only two employees. The owner of the domain appears to be a young entrepreneur but his information online doesn’t mention this particular business.

But what I don’t like is that the latest article on their blog (dated August 12th) is ‘How to Get Started on Airbnb – If You Have a Landlord.’ :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I came across them just yesterday. It’s intriguing for sure.

However, I’m not very comfortable with a relatively unknown company holding my funds and then only paying out once a month. They could disappear tomorrow and you’d potentially be out a huge amount of money.

This morning, I asked them for clarification on their payout policy. They confirmed that they hold all of your funds for each calendar month, then pay them out the following month.

For small hosts who are accustomed to AirBnB and other companies paying out 24hrs after check-in, I think this could be a huge concern.

2 Likes

I agree it’s a good idea but they are differents things that will make me not chosing them.
-too new company
-I want to chose what are the platforms I want to use with them
-I want to add the mark up of the platform and the 10% short term stays company to guests, not on me.

Oh that sounds appealing. :smile: RUN don’t walk away from this platform!

1 Like

LOL… Thanks BBM. :smile: You are right… why don’t I branch out more. :smile:

I totally agree and miss that they are only paying month end. To avoid of course

Just got an email Jim and Symon about Short Term Stays. Don’t like the idea of them keeping my money and not paying out until the following month. They need to change this if they want people to sign up.

2 Likes

So I just signed up and then very quickly canceled my listings with them:
I figured if they integrate this tightly with AirBnB then they also respect hosts at the same level as AirBnB. Not the case.
First the good: The on boarding process is extremely thorough and they do a healthy job of integrating with your AirBnB calendar. You’re essentially handing them the key to your listing, though and that’s slightly uncomfortable. The person I spoke with for the on boarding confirmation seemed to know what they’re doing.
Now the bad: The on-boarding is the last time you’re ever going to be talking to a live human being with them.
They’ve blocked their phone line to only take voicemail and they only reply to emails.
I got one guest from them that’s working out mostly alright.
The issue with the platform, apart from the delayed payment, is that they don’t have proper host communication set up.
I essentially learned only on the day of my guest’s arrival that ID verification isn’t mandatory with them and that they don’t enforce it.
Likewise, the way they posted my property left me with severe anxiety: They published the exact address and, because it gets posted through online sites, my home now shows up on Apple Maps as an actual hotel. Not Good!!! Also, they don’t include any of the descriptions in the booking info they send to their partner site.
I also have two additional bookings in my queue from them that are almost 100% “Nigerian” scams. (One is from Cameroun, but you get the point)
Like someone said earlier in the thread, it makes more sense to manage these types of bookings yourself.
I don’t see how their business model is in any way sustainable. They’re part of a cottage industry that’s building up around AirBnB and their goal is to steal hosts away from AirBnB.
Stay the heck away!!!

1 Like