Review issue - terrible review by guest, bordering on slander

LOL… littlehost, please send the screenshots!!! This sounds too good!
As for the root canal, that is funny. :laughing:

1 Like

I feel a bit guilty, but it really helped to take my mind off my mouth. Plus, I fell asleep halfway through one of her replies, so that was yet another bonus.

4 Likes

I hope you are not called “crowntown” due to excessive root canals! :laughing: hope you feel better!

2 Likes

LOL–that irony did cross my mind as I posted. Unfortunately, I will be adding to my two crown collection with this root canal. However, my name is for my location, not my dental work (yet). Uneasy lies the head, you know…

Thanks ever so much for the well wishes!

Yes please - want to see it!

I tried to cut and paste and it’s too long. The forum may not allow that many screen shots either.

Yes, @KKC, I figured as much, which is why I offered to send the screenshots via private message and only to those who expressed their desire to see them :blush:

1 Like

I couldn’t find it the first few attempts. And then I finally started scrolling through and found one of the novels. I couldn’t finish past the first few paragraphs. I think her reply was longer than some chapters in the Bible :joy:

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: So right! I’ve read some crazy stuff in reviews and host responses but this has to be the the most ridiculous. I can’t believe she still gets bookings.

I confess to spending far too much time reading her guest reviews (as well as her replies). I became sort of fascinated by the whole sorted affair. If not for the blasted root canal, I would have been popping popcorn for sure…

Sordid… but you knew that.

1 Like

Peck typing in the dark, undercover (so as to not disturb my beloved snore machine), all while not wearing my glasses is truly treading into dangerous territory. When I hit something wrong (often) and back up (often), autocorrect is everso helpful. Sometimes I get busted, however… :wink:

1 Like

Autocorrect is helpful, and yet, evil.

As are so many things technology related these days, lol.

1 Like

one of the listings nearby is run by an alcoholic, who was plastered for many of his guests arrival. I think they found him comatose in his car in the driveway, and they let themselves in haha. he sexually assaults on a daily basis, and we’ve have seen him probably all of three times, less than fingers on the hand, in two years at the laundromat. assuming we didn’t see him I still would imagine, less than 10 times in a year laundering the only set of sheets he has. yet as scrupulous and nitpicky as these guests are, did I mention he doesn’t have a shower and his outhouse has no door, he gets almost zero complaints. because people buy his clown routine. i guess, but i’m not really sure. you would think people would pick up on the bad reviews, but he’s fully booked, and the ones that are already reserved go through, and he gets great reviews. between his alcoholic coma’s. i went to check out that review. OMG. But seriously I think that airbnb does a disservice to hosts, by rewarding this behavior with refunds or credits. personally I think, some of them are used to getting travel credits for complaints, and pick hosts using materials that others have splattered in the reviews.

Is this from a Rab C Nesbitt episode?? :upside_down_face:

This-is-abso-frikkin-lutely-extra-ordinary!!

Sure enough, the poor guy would never use Airbnb ever again!

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/users/show/8844703

What the heck is up with all the bloody hyphens!!!

1 Like

The most hilarious review set I ever read involved two apparently quite conventional frat brothers staying with a completely unstructured urban artist. They listed in great detail every unclean attribute of the apartment, the artist replied that he of course cleaned (with the photos showing a place crammed with paintings, found art sculptures and weird stuff hanging on the walls – it was very cool but certainly not dust-free haha). In the course of his long, rambling reply he eventually admits he deliberately shaved his beard and left beard hairs in the sink because he was mad about their constant complaints. Not sure this is what Airbnb intended when advertising “experiencing other cultures,” more like culture clash.

Holy crap, don’t get on the wrong side of Jay. She has missed a vocation in something not sure what, her memory is brilliant , I cant remember who stayed with me last month.

1 Like