No review given

What does it mean if you had two guests and they have not given a review

Did you review them back?

I gave them a glowing review yesterday and today I realized they took a very expensive towel. May be other things missing but I don’t think so. I tried to contact AirBNB to see if I could remove the review I gave them but I can’t figure out how to contact them.

Go to your Profile --> Reviews --> Written by you. You should be able to edit there.

Has the time period expired for them to review? If not they might get to it. I’ve had it happen where a guest did not write a review. Also had one take a towel and leave behind one with her name woven into it. As I replace towels I am going to white.

Ok, thanks. I will give them time to give me a review first.

@Rose1 NoNoNo. Once they review, you will no longer be allowed to edit your review. Remember, they do not see your review until their’s has been submitted.

3 Likes

They were my first guests and I didn’t realize there was a time period for them to review. I will give them time. Thanks for the help. I have had a problem with people wanting to book for one or two and then tell me they are bringing jet ski’s and their kids and grand kids will be joining them for fun on the lake. I thought I had made it clear that it was for the enjoyment of the one or two registered guests. I have had to turn down three bookings due to this. Maybe I am not cut out for this.

Thank you again
Rose

Well then maybe it is alright if they don’t review

@Rose1 There is a lot of good advice on this forum. If you decide to go forward with AirBnb you might want to post your listing and ask this group to give feedback. Sometimes things seem obvious to you - like the listing is just for your registered guests - but not to others.

Another thing I learned was to never write my review until after I had cleaned the space!

1 Like

If they don’t submit a review, your “glowing” review of them will still appear…to their benefit! Is that what you want for the guests who pilfered your pricey towel (and who knows what else)?

1 Like

I tell people that I need to know exactly the number of people and their ages so in the event of a fire I can tell first responders who to look for as required by LAW. Even if they are already there hopefully they will see it is a good thing to fess up and do for future hosts.

You might want to have a sentence somewhere prominent to the effect that no guests are allowed. I tell them no guests are allowed without permission and never any overnight guests. I will allow for someone to stop by as they are on their way to somewhere else. But not hang out.

For me…I would forget about the towel. They might not even recall stuffing it in their bags. Switch over to cheap white towels.

We make it clear in writing: no guests without asking us first. Also, when we first started we tried to establish a relationship with our guests. Offer them a glass of wine, zoo tickets, or something. We then asked them how they liked their stay, then asked them to PLEASE give us a review to help us get established. People are busy, asking may help.
Also, I don’t review places that I didn’t like. We always ask guests if there is anything we can improve. Maybe they had a gripe?
Don’t provide towels that are expensive. It lessens the temptation, and the regret.

I did clean their space and it was almost spotless. I didn’t notice the towel gone until the next day. I have gotten some great information and have learned a lot. Thanks to everyone.

1 Like