Is it possible to ask Airbnb to add a reply to a review after the reply expiration time?

I need to add a reply to a negative review I have in my listing but the system doesn’t allow me to do it because it seems it has expired the time to left a reply. Note that there is are 14 days to left a review and then 14 days to respond the review you got from your guest.

The question is has any of you try to call Airbnb to add a reply that has expired?

Thanks!

I dont think you can. I usually reply to all reviews, however as i was on holiday i missed a few replies to really nice guests…i’m sure other potential guests wonder why i didnt reply to these particular ones. Anyway you could try and go on at air to let you leave one but i dont know what good it will do. Goodluck

I once called Airbnb to remove my reply, and another time I called them to modify my reply. Those requests were attended well. However, this will be the first time I called Airbnb to ADD a reply and the guy who handled my call told me he thinks it is not possible he is not quite sure. I guess he is a newbie in the support team.

BTW, why there is an expiration time in replies? What´s the point if both parties already know what has been written on the reviews. How can this affect the transparency of the system if I decide to leave a reply after the 14 days?

Probably to keep fights from blowing up on reviews. Also, to protect hosts so that there aren’t revenge comments from bad guests who were honestly reviewed.