How to reply with a decline to someone who asks for a discount?

I never give discounts, I just tell the guest that the prices are already low, and that we cannot afford to give a discount.

On the other hand, I sometimes offer discounts.
During the low season, I often ask a guest I they want to stay an extra night at a 30% discount.
Very little extra work, but still getting some extra money.

3 Likes

Imagine what brilliance we would come up with, or maybe not. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Be free. A further discount would mean I pay you all to do come. Ouch.

2 Likes

ā€œWastin away in Mearns-arita-villeā€¦ Searchin for that lost shaker of salt. Some people claim that thereā€™s a woman to blame, But I know itā€™s nobodyā€™s faultā€ :tropical_drink:

5 Likes

This is actually a very cool idea. Our own little Airbnb Open. Problem is there are way more people that would want to attend than there is room for.

@Mearns Maybe the additional island will be ready by Fall 2018.

2 Likes

Youā€™re good, you have me singing!

2 Likes

If invited, I will insist that I be allowed to wear clothing, and I am NOT eating off of that picnic table. :wink:

6 Likes

Of course you can wear clothes!; but only when sitting at the picnic table. :sunglasses:

Seriously, I have put aside a week for the possibility of this happening in late February (25th)- early March (5th) 2018, (the finest time, weather wise. Capacity: 12-14 people. The town of Placencia, Belize is a blast and fabulous place and with the finest of beaches. Imagine.

9 Likes

Iā€™m there! Looking into scuba lessons, right now.

This sounds like so much fun. Iā€™m in, god willinā€™ and the creek donā€™t rise, metaphorically speaking. [quote=ā€œsandy2, post:69, topic:7477ā€]
Looking into scuba lessons, right now.
[/quote]

Technically, Iā€™m a certified diver but with so few opportunities I always just do the beginner/tourist dives.

Me too open water certified but too long between plunges lol!

Bird Island atoll is one of the finest snorkeling spots in Belize, while diving is done mostly in the main reef; they pick people up at Bird Island for day diving tours. They pass right by Bird Island every day. See ( http://www.splashbelize.com/ ). Most just keep it to snorkeling because they can go anytime of day, have lunch and go again and not as heavy duty. Kayaking is another a whole different fun scene at Bird Island, not at pro level as kona does, its more ā€˜suburban kayakingā€™. LoL

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been snorkeling a couple of times and loved it. But I would like to try scuba diving. And, also sea kayaking.

Snorkeling is more eco friendly imho unless you want to go below 35 feet

1 Like

Aye @Maggieroni, my guests start snorkeling right from the island so donā€™t even step on the sorrounding coral which is cool. Have had many divers at the island, they said they saw great things, one group counted 13 manatees in 4 days.

3 Likes

You are truly tempting us! My husband says I swim like a manatee! They are so gentle!

Outrigger Paddling Mearns!

I detest kayaking. :smile:

Iā€™ve had guests shore dive right at my beach! Itā€™s a best kept secret. But yet, those location dings because Iā€™m not nearer to stores and restaurants. Sigh, just what do you want in a beach vacation? A city by the beach? Or s secluded beach? Yah cannot have it both ways.

Iā€™m not certified. It always seemed like a lot of schleping and gear and stuff. But I do love snorkeling and go frequently in our fine waters. Itā€™s one of the main draws of my area.

Will Emery turn out to be a PITA because she had this lapse in manners I wonder?

Wow, now thatā€™s certainly tempting!.

Just for fun I did a distance calculator from my place to yours (and this is as the crow flies too!)ā€¦ I wonder if anyone lives further than me!

Sorry but Iā€™m sad to have to pass on this one, maybe you could do a webinar of the visit for us all here!

The Distance between Scarborough (Western Australia,Australia) and Placentia Village (Stann Creek,Belize) is :
17041.91 kilometers (km).

In Other Units:
10589.35 miles.
9195.8 nautical miles.

1 Like