How to reply with a decline to someone who asks for a discount?

You are close at the furthest point from Belize, which would be 12,500 miles or so?

1 Like

I just figured out from my stats that my guest prior to the one who left me yesterday gave me less than 5 starts for location, even though I had coffee with her and she gushed over my place and said she enjoyed walking down to the Pearl Street Mall. Not that I care, really, but I disclose that I am on the west side of town and the map is accurate. What’s up with the location dings? Again, I’d rather stay in a quiet place than right downtown with the thousands of other tourists.

I guarantee its further from Kona, Hawaii, since we are the most isolated archipelago in the world.

@konacoconutz Do you mean Kona is further from Belize? If that’s what you mean, well, that’s not correct. Australia is much further and I think Faheem is the furthest of anyone posting here whose location I can recall.

Of course I made that blanket statement without checking it out. :wink:

2 Likes

My bad, you guys were right…

4,396 mi
Distance from Kailua-Kona, HI to Belize

This just means you are farther from another island or land mass than other islands chains, not that you are farther from every other place in the world.

Looking at a map it looks like you are close to the same latitude as @Mearns. So while you might have “changes in attitude” while looking for your “lost shaker of salt” you wouldn’t be having “changes in latitude.”

1 Like

Yes… True enough! Hawaii is far from everywhere though, and by plane it’s always a bit more of an ordeal to travel to and from here.

kona, when you travel then you must go to Honolulu and then go on from there? I bet makes it expensive for you.

Often you do have to leave through HNL. Kona cannot accept international flights without an upgrade to jetways, indoor terminals, etc. Right now, it’s still kinda quaint when you arrive… you come down off the plane the old fashioned way, via the stairs. If you are coming from points abroad it’s like immediately stepping into another world. Charming. You are then kissed by the trades and the sweet vibe of the airport and the Big Island of Hawaii. Nice welcome.

4 Likes

That said, there are some international flights coming in. They just opened direct service to Tokyo, and Canada flights are seasonal. I think they set up a terminal just for the Tokyo flights.

Was just looking at maps of Hawaii. I had no idea Hawaii is really an amazingly long archipelago. Amazing.

1 Like

It really extends all the way to Midway and Kure Atoll…AND… drum roll please, they have just added a GINORMOUS protected area for the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands. Obama will be here this week to dedicate it.

3 Likes

To think that we are now sitting on the hot spot that created the whole thing. After a hiatus, this just started flowing into the sea again, expanding us a little bit every day. :smile:

Yup, there’s magic here. :smile:

8 Likes

Wow! Those are some pictures!

1 Like

You can hike out to where it is flowing over the road!

https://www.nps.gov/havo/planyourvisit/lava2.htm

opps, that is an old pic. It actually looks like this as of today. It’s had a TON of volume in just under a month!

4 Likes

What a land of natural wonderment. And absolutely in the middle of nowhere. While in the military, we flew to Honolulu and then to Guam and then to Cam Ranh, Vietnam. No wonder it took forever. An amazing world you live in.

1 Like

Wrong sorry! I think @faheem the stat/mathmetician will appreciate this :wink:
The Distance between Mumbai (Maharashtra,India) and Placentia Village (Stann Creek,Belize) is :
15564.04 kilometers (km).

In Other Units:
9671.04 miles.
8398.34 nautical miles.

Perth is one of the most isolated cities in the world. God knows how may flying hours/connections it would take me to get to @Mearns island! I lost my world travel bug about 20 years ago, saw a lot and am happy to explore Aus more now. (mind you after seeing all your pics @konacoconutz I think I ripped myself off with the 1 night stopover in Honolulu I did…)

1 Like

Kona, do they still throw virgins into the volcano to pacify the Goddess Pele? : )

3 Likes

Probably need them because all of us are going to sink that island :slight_smile: