How many photos for listing?

I’ve been adding some and taking some out… how many photos do you suggest?
So far i have… 16 but i’m guessing that is WAY too many?!
Guest bedroom (BYOC!)
Front entry garden in summer
Guest bathroom (must walk through kitchen to access)
Fall view, winter views
Back deck grilling per any season
Kitchen (shared space) - complete with dishes and many appliances (guest may use these)
Dining area attached to Kitchen (shared space)
Front yard
Cozy couch and TV in living room (shared space)
View from top of nearby hiking trail
snowshoes / skiing pic?
Google images of… local country store and nearby famous school opened in early 1800s,

should i show front and back or just one? grilling- I have one winter pic and one summer pic- too much to have both?

Hi @AnneRunner5 I don’t think 16 photos is too much. If people have seen enough they will close the gallery, but if people want to see more they have the option to keep looking. It sounds like you have a good selection.

Okay, thanks for the feedback.

@smartbnb.io mentioned in another post that a minimum of 5 is required to appear in mobile search results.

I’ve seen over 50 photos in some listings, I think as @CanadianHost said if people have seen enough they’ll close, some people might keep scrolling. Just try to avoid repeating photos and you’ll be fine :slight_smile:

Hi @AnneRunner5

It doesn’t sound too much. I think what’s important is the quality of the shots. If you don’t have an eye for photography you might want a friend who is a keen amateur to help you with these.

BNB also provides a free photography service you could look at it (it is limited and doesn’t operate everywhere).

1 Like

@Helsi I found that page, and no its not in our area. And we are not upscale. :slight_smile: Thanks though.

If I were to do anything with your photos I would suggest possibly ordering them so that the outside of the house is shown, followed by the inside photos grouped together, then the scenery.

For the areas that will be shared I might even snap a shot with someone in that area, for instance, have someone chopping in the kitchen with an apron on so that it’s clear that it is shared space. Then again, they should read it in your listing.

1 Like

@CanadianHost

2 days ago, and he hates cameras, whoops. :slight_smile: and I did that ice shoveling- left a miniature ice rink, sorta.

1 Like

I think that the place would need to be a mansion to need so many photographs. We have about fifteen, as far as I remember. Guests want to see where they will sleep, where they will eat, the bathroom and, if it’s a full house/apartment, where they will cook, watch TV etc. Also the outdoor living space if there is one.

I also show the view from the apartment and the dock because it’s lovely but as a guest, I don’t want to see photographs of local landmarks, sights, attractions and so on. If I’m going somewhere, I’ve researched the area first.

We also decided not to have pro photography, just cellphone photographs. I’d rather have people walk into the apartment and exclaim that it’s better than the photographs rather than the other way around.

New matching bedding on both twins in the bedroom and brand newly wired and installed ceiling lights in the living room! I can add clear pictures of both beds soon. I already added this one. (The other blanket was still hang drying)

I think the more photos you use the better. Psychologically, people feel more invested after they’ve spent their time flicking through all your photos. And people feel more at ease when they know exactly what they’re getting.

1 Like

This is true, but only to a point. Check out this listing for an example of WAY too many photos:

To be clear: I think this person’s house is exquisite. It’s also well-designed, and in a fantastic neighborhood. Nothing but love. Given this, I have no clue why they need so many closeups of lamps (that I know came from Home Depot because I have the same ones in some cases!), faucets, and tile. It becomes more like a jigsaw puzzle to piece together than a showcase of the home’s best points.

1 Like

I’ve seen so many listings with no pictures of the bathroom! None. And they they have a bunch of good reviews. I’m also amazed at how many people have terrible, dark or even blurry pictures but plenty of reviews.

I disagree. I have spent hours looking for airbnbs when I travel and after clicking and clicking and still not seeing a picture of a bathroom or still not knowing where the guest room is relative to the rest of the home, it can be exhausting. I particularly dislike poorly organized photos that jump from one room to another and then back or two pictures of the same bedroom but with a different bed cover or it’s been re-arranged. [quote=“PHX, post:13, topic:11598”]
n example of WAY too many photos
[/quote]
I really need to see that you have properly caulked the area where the tile backsplash meets the marble countertop before I stay there. :wink:

2 Likes

I have 24 photos for a 1000 sq foot 2BR/2BA apartment, which I think is a bit over-the-top, but oh well. But, someone recently began an inquiry with “Can you send me more photos?” Umm. No. Like, I have a photo of the INSIDE OF A SHOWER, and even my WASHER/DRYER GOT A CLOSE-UP. What else could you possibly need?

2 Likes