Homestay guests

My price is the same everywhere.

This is cool. One of the things that seems different on Homestay is that you can ‘find guests’. Has anyone used this feature?

Yes, I have tried it umpteen times, but it never ever works. You are being told in an email by Homestay “Mr XYZ is looking for accomodation in your area, would you like to make an offer to him?” I always do and it never resulted in anything. So I stopped doing this after two years of trying.

2 Likes

Thanks! Good to know.

Pretty much same here.
And worse: I used to have potential guests show up on the list, now there is just nobody even on the list.

Also as soon as someone starts looking on homestay, the site starts sending out emails to potential hosts saying…xyz is looking for a place to stay. Their budget is x $ ( always lower than your current price btw) …so guests get all kind of inquiries from our hosts undercutting the prices.

That said, I am having more guests than in the previous and it picked up some slack from Airbnb getting really low.

1 Like

That’s very true. I stopped trying invite them
Also . Only one woman boookes butvthen cancelled as she did not realize I was too far from her destination

I admire your perseverance! :slight_smile: