Guests who refuse to communicate via Airbnb

Yes I’m really not earning much at the moment. But this is my year off so c’est la vie!

I forgot what you had said. You are on a year long sabbatical from teaching at university?

I thought @Zandra was working on a food related start up during this year.

You could also sign up to all those consumer research groups. I did one last year testing and comparing new GHD’s they were about to release - £30 cash. Easy money. Another one I had to write a diary about cleaning my teeth for a electric tooth brush company then go do a group thing £200 cash.

2 Likes

How do you find these?

I signed up to the mailing lists of several market research / consumer testing companies

E.g. https://www.peopleforresearch.co.uk/participant/

@Zandra If you google focus groups, product testing, mystery shopping - there are loads in London

1 Like

Yes this is the year I’m hoping to get it set up. But… no income from there at all. In effect it’s a year off while I make a career change.

After several “experiences” with Guests who try to communicate outside of the Airbnb platform I have made it my firm policy to not Host that particular kind of Guest. It is a instant recipe for abuse and “special treatment” and it is just not worth the headache. It is hard enough just to get some Guests to read the listing much less the House rules. If you communicate outside of Airbnb you have little or no protection from the high maintenance neurotic’s to the blatant scammers. I might be losing bookings but I get a good nights’ sleep!
Sorry this happened but it is the perfect example why at the first indication the potential Guest wants to go outside of Airbnb that I gracefully require them to read the Terms of Service (TOS) with Airbnb and my house rules BEFORE I am able to confirm their booking. I usually hear nothing back from them and am greatly relieved.
Good Luck,
Eloise

I hear you, but this guest didn’t start going off the Airbnb messaging until after he arrived, and in fact there was nothing whatsoever in his communications at booking that was off. I am well aware of the downside of his approach – see above! My “canned” saved message about the issue did nothing to fix the situation. Some people are just obtuse. Or stubborn. Or something.

1 Like