Guests not on booking but still under the maximum guest limit

I’ve booked an Airbnb which is listed as being able to accommodate 4 guests.
Initially when I booked I said it will be for 2 people but because the booking will be for a couple of weeks, I may want to have 1 or 2 people over to stay also (it has 2 bedrooms).
In the additional costs section of the house it says:
Extra people: No Charge

Does this mean as long as I’m under the 4 guest maximum, extra people can stay without paying an extra fee?

It depends on the search you did (I believe if you search for two it will show the price for two but not sure). You must make sure you tell the host if you’re expecting more people to stay with you. There’s not a single host who won’t be upset if you turn up with more than expected.

Hi @thejosh

The majority of hosts have a base price and then an extra charge for each additional person who stays in a property.

Unfortunately, Airbnb sometimes have misleading ways of expressing information.

I would let her know how many people you have coming and for how many days, so she can let you know about any costs.

Then either you or her can go into the booking and amend it. Or she can send you a special offer.

Agree. That is the standard default setting and hosts can’t change it. Never surprise a host wi extra guests. Be sure to discuss all of this up front. Most of us will not allow anyone on the property or in the home who is not listed on the reservation.

I can see why you would be confused though so I am glad you are smart enough to know to ask first.

1 Like

Please let them know! Even if there is no charge no one likes to be surprised and that is one thing I would definitely ding someone for in a review, bringing unannounced guests. Plus I like to know how many towels, etc, to provide.

1 Like