Do you have a minibar in your apartments/house/room for guests?

No I don’t, don’t plan to either.
There is a bottle shop and deli 5 mins walk and a filtered water/ice dispenser in the fridge. I don’t want the hassle of checking what they used and if they paid the right amount.
I’m sure it would work for some tho.

1 Like

I sell the drinks as a service, not to make huge profits.

All bottles are 0,5L and I buy them for €0,60 - €0,90 and sell them for €1,00 - €1,50.
So I do not make a lot of profit on them, but on the other hand, guests do not walk 10 minutes down the road to save €0,50.

And if they want to make tea or coffee, there is an electric kettle in the apartment. :joy:

1 Like

We have a small mini-fridge (they are self-contained rooms like a hotel). We put two bottles of water in it, one per person and guests seem to appreciate that. We are in Hawaii so most folks are coming on on a transpacific flight, often late, and always dehydrated. It costs us about $1. The guests often use the little fridge for their take-out, drinks, or yogurt, etc.

One thing you should think about is if it’s in the room a large fridge can make a noticeable humming noise and generate heat. We put the small fridge in the closet and it is perfect there as a private room fridge.

1 Like

So they call it "price-sensitive"now.

I know most Europeans have other words, for those plundering hoards of Russians, that swarm around the all-inclusive hotels.

Exactly, you described it very well. Instead of calling for food and drinks delivery, you can take drinks in the minibar, I think that it will be cheaper in comparison with cost of the drinks + delivery.

It sounds so rough that makes me feel it is my personal fault;) I am a host, remember? I face this problem almost every guest I have. Yeah, this is a very frustrating fact.

This is the way to go! A mini fridge is great & usually an unexpected amenity (for shared spaces w/o access to a kitchen), but fully stocking it is necessary.

1 Like

Could you direct me as to where you purchased this beautiful piece from?

There is a clause in the Air B&B insurance policy that says it is void if you have provided Alcohol to the guests so I would avoid. My homeowners underwriter noticed and pointed it out to me. Our homeowners is covering us, but in the event of a claim, the may go after Air. I don’t know how that would work and hope I do not need to find out!

If you have a licence and you follow the rule of local area so it does not matter.

I have a minibar in my home just for me and I drink only when I feel bore and also refresh my mind.