Bidet towels in bidet-using countries

I run a search using the keyword ‘bidet’ and only 4 results came out - now I am disappointed, fellow forum members! :wink:

I come from a bidet-using country and the standard towel pack per guest is:

1. 1x large body towel (wrap from breasts to mid-calf)
  • 1x face-hands towel (you can’t wrap yourself in that)
  • 1x bidet towel (you dry your lower parts with that)

Where I live they are also bidet-users but the pack is different (the towels are also smaller):

1. 1x body towel (smaller, wrap from breast to genitals)
  • 1x face-hands towels (smaller)
  • 1x bidet towel (smaller and squared, you wet it and use it like a sponge on your genitals).

Now, 90% of my guests come from non-bidet countries (the bidet metal features have oxyde on it because it was never used) so I don’t even give the bidet towel. Now I am expecting 4 local adults and I lack of bidet towels, though the idea of re-using them is gross (it is like reusing a body sponge!). They are just staying for 2 nights. Will they survive without bidet? Will they use their body towels instead?

I have stayed at various (modest) accommodations in this country and none provided a bidet towel, but all bath had a bidet (if you ask me, wasted money in a rental!)

If it were me, I’d just a packet of those dosposable “moist towelettes”

I disagree, because I’ve seen many reports that lots of people don’t know that they aren’t flushable.

Bidets are where I agree that other countries are more civilized than the U.S. You will never see an electric kettle in my kitchen or duvets on my beds, but I would love to install a bidet.

Just buy hand towels. A bidet washes the genital area, the towel dries the clean bottom, so don’t see why a bidet towel being reused is any different than reusing a bath towel or face cloth. Many North Americans use two face cloths, one for face, the other for genital area, and they are usually left to dry and reused the next day. I’m so glad I have a bidet toilet seat.

2 Likes

Just a flashback memory of bidets I thought I’d share.

We stayed in a small but lovely hotel in Paris, located on a side street. Each room had a bidet in the bathroom. One afternoon, we returned to the reception area to see the housemaid very upset and loudly talking to the front desk manager in rapid-fire French and waving her arms.

We learned later that she was bitterly complaining that one of the guests had crapped in the bidet.

1 Like

[quote=“Louise, post:5, topic:12787”]
the other for genital area
[/quote]

Do they really? I think that’s gross. That’s why detachable shower heads exit.

I’m a home care RN, the dear old ladies I visit are too weak and at risk for falls to shower or bathe without assistance, they get support two times a week. How do you expect them to maintain hygiene otherwise? It may be gross to you, but I assure you these ladies are meticulously clean and the cloths are rinsed well. They don’t have access to unlimited laundry.

I was talking about in general. Not specifically nursing homes / care homes. Obviously it makes sense there as you are washing them.

1 Like

They’re at their own homes. I’m not washing them, I provide special treatments, IV, wound care, health assessment, palliative care. We have aides who provide bathing, laundry, meal prep.

In my opinion, hand towel is best for skin.