Best way to handle requests from people who don't read

The people who ask the most questions in inquiries never seem to book! And why do they ask about stuff they can easily google?

2 Likes

I had a group of experienced hikers ask me re local hikes. As they were serious hikers, Iā€™d not know what would suit them, advised them to seek guidance from local hikers, websites.

This is my experience too! Million questions and the nothingā€¦ Sometimes people ask me about something that is in the description in order to confirm one more time something that is of a particular importance to them. I think thatā€™s ok, many Airbnb hosts are not as nearly as accurate and detailed in their descriptions as people on the forum.

It is part of my house rules that guests need to give me an approximate arrival time on booking, along with other key infoā€¦

When I send them a welcome message if they havenā€™t given this I remind them about an ETA.

A week later I remind again. Usually I get the info.

However if a week before the booking the information doesnā€™t arrive I remind them that unfortunately if I donā€™t hear back about X Y and Z I might not be able to continue with their booking. This always works for the 1 or 2 who donā€™t respond to the earlier messages. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It sounds like you had your share of bad guests experiences. People will ask for discounts regardless of what your listing says for a variety of reasons, but a lot has to do with the fact that guests are encouraged by many publications, sites, etcā€¦ to ask for a discount. I would respectfully say it does not necessarily mean the person is being disrespectful or will be a bad guest. I have lost count of how many times, I had to contact a guest for a signed copy of our house rules (a requirement and on our listing a few times in different places). I take it as part of managing my property.

Bibi Betancourt

Welcome to the forum @VillaElSecreto this post is 3 years old, we are trying to clean up old posts I am going to close the thread, nothing personal.

We look forward to your contributions.

RR