10% discount, does it work?

Has anyone ever had a booking from guests that were triggered by the 10% discount offer?

I have send out plenty over the last few month, but never received a booking triggered by the discount.

It has not worked for me either. Same as you, I’ve done many of them over the past couple of months, and not had any bookings for those dates.

Well couple of months ago, I manually offered a discount of 30% by changing the prices, and boy did it work! I actually tripled my income that month.

So whether you offer a 10% discount using Airbnb automated settings, or setting this manually should result in the same thing.

However, it was a lot of work cleaning and washing sheets, so I got fed up and stopped offering the discount.

I have not been given the “opportunity” to offer a discount. It seems to me that the fact that there are no takers is an indication that price is not the only driver of bookings. Either your market is slow overall, or the types of people coming to your location during that time are looking for a different location.

I agree.
Also, if people do not book right away, they will probably have moved on and booked something else.

So I do not see the valua for the 10% discount function.

You should ask Airbnb if it works, they would know since they have the data. Asking people here only produces anecdotes.

I never give discounts. The rare times that I do it’s only when it’s during the week and I know it’s going to be hard to book because the booking is maybe for the next dayand I know the guest who is inquiring has been communicating with my competition . I can tell that sometimes by looking at their wish list. For the most part I just don’t do discounts especially when they ask for it I just don’t want that type of cheapskate because they are probably also going to be complainers .

1 Like

I’ve gotten a handful of week long bookings that triggered the 10% discount, but for me it’s rare (<5% of bookings). People generally don’t come to my area for a week+ but it happens occasionally.