You meet superhost for the year but stop hosting: you still get the bonus?

Question:

Imagine you are meeting all the super-host requirements for the whole year but the stop hosting at whicever point during that year.

Do you still get the bonus when January comes around?

Here is an example:

Should I stop hosting tomorrow, I should still quality in January, or am I wrong?

You’ll still get the bonus if you meet the requirements (not everyone’s year ends in January, mine ends in July). But it requires 4 straight quarters of qualifying. I could stop hosting tomorrow and still get the bonus. But if you stop now and don’t qualify until January, no you wouldn’t get it. You’d be missing two quarters.

Yes. My husband only hosted in January 2018, got his 10 trips and 5* reviews, received his superhost bonus the next January 2019. He did not host the rest of the year.

Hmm, guess I’m wrong? Isn’t one of the requirements to be SH 4 quarters in a row?

–Superhosts have a 4.8 or higher average overall rating based on reviews from at least 50% of their Airbnb guests in the past year.
–Superhosts have hosted at least 10 stays in the past year
–Superhosts have no cancellations in the past year
–Superhosts respond to 90% of new messages within 24 hours.

He met the criteria in January 2018. Each quarter it is rated on the previous year. Therefore, he met it 4 quarters in a row, earning superhost January 2019.

I think I get it now. You have to be Superhost for a year, but it carries over each quarter. As long as you don’t do anything to lose it, you’re good. If you don’t host you can’t do anything to lose it. LOL.

1 Like

Yeah I understand it too now, thank you!

If one were hell-bent to keep the superhost status paradoxically, it’s more “dangerous” to keep hosting than just letting it stay as it is.

1 Like