Yet More Ways to Ask Guests to Conserve Water?

Yes, I’ve done that. I’ve got a new low-flow toilet.

Ok. I hate when my plumber and my own experience lies to me. I’ll take your word for it instead.

Why do you think most Manufacturers are now offering low flow reservoirs?

They are offering reservoirs that hold about 50% less water. (And ask a premium price from them).

The technology is the same, they just use a smaller reservoir.

Another very populair thing is to install an urinal in the bathroom when renovating. This really saves loads of water.

Duh, I know why. I’ve lived in the desert where we get an average of 9 inches of rainfall a year since 1964. We’ve had mandatory water restrictions in place for decades. The water utilities offered rebates for changing to low flow toilets which I did 20 years ago. The are also high pressure toilets on the advice of my plumber who explained the problems with low flow toilets. I have a low flow but non-pressurized toilet in the Airbnb room and have had a plumber out twice in 3 years. With my two pressurized toilets I’ve had one plumber visit in 20 years.
I’ve had multiple two or three flush experiences with other folk’s low flow toilets, including on my foreign travels.

So both personal experience and the recommendation of my plumber leads me to make the statements above. There are google links as well but I’d be wasting my time to post them.

You can stop your patronizing replies to me now.

2 Likes