Yet another tweak to my preferences for vaccinated guests etc

Currently:

“Your host is fully vaccinated and we prefer only vaccinated guests”

Thoughts on:

“Your host is fully vaccinated and we accept only vaccinated guests”

or even:

“Your host is fully vaccinated and we accept only vaccinated guests over age 25”

I think they’re all fine. We say that we’re fully COVID-19 vaccinated and accept guests who are, also.

I don’t believe Airbnb would permit any of those statements, but our health is vastly more important to us than Airbnb is.

2 Likes

I would use whichever you are comfortable with. Then if Airbnb fusses, you can decide if you will back off or use another platform. I have Instant Book so I send a message as soon as someone books saying: “Please let us know your COVID vaccination status before you arrive since this influences our approach to breakfast and indoor interaction with guests.” Our rental has a semi-separate bedroom, living room and bathroom but the hall is common. We invite vaccinated guests into our common kitchen and dining area and interact with them on check-in and over morning coffee.

I posted on this forum, I had a minimum age to rent of 25 and received many comments about age discrimination, Airbnb rules, and 18 year old good guests.

To help make sure I complied with Airbnb rules, I softened my wording and accept younger guests with a good prior review.

BTW Minimum age to book of 25 is common in my area.

Consider:
Your hosts are fully vaccinated and we accept only vaccinated guests. Guests over age 25 preferred.

What about masks?
We will mask during guest interactions & in common areas. Guests are required to also.

How you verify the guest is vaccinated is up to you. Your quests will know you are definitely pro-vaccine.

1 Like

I just got my first booking for my reopened August and the message from the young looking guest included this:

v

This is absolutely the kind of guest I hope to attract. I’m just going to trust that they have the jabs though, I’m not asking for proof.

5 Likes

Heads in beds…

We use the same protocols whatever they say. Served us well for the past sixteen months or so.

JF

1 Like