WTG Moderators!

I have a regular guest who is a professional photographer. She booked Wed Mar 4 and Mar 24. She was flying out on the 5th to go to N. California for a job in a remote area north of SF. By Monday Mar 9th she notified me that her job had been canceled to due CV and she would be back Tues Mar 10 and wanted to know if the room was available. That was 3 days before the posts started flooding this forum with outrage over Airbnb policies.

While ignorant people were posting here about how there was no coronavirus here or there and there’s no reason to refund, Airbnb made the responsible decision to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

5 Likes

Feck me. Send me your address, I’m on my way.

JF

1 Like

kkc, there must be a reason why you so vigorously defend airbnb…

@james244 if you had been on this forum for 5 years like I have you would know that I’m not vigorously defending Airbnb now or in the past.

What I’m saying and what you seem unable to comprehend over the last 10 days is that Airbnb made the best decision for their business. It also appears in hindsight that they made the responsible decision for the benefit of the commons and the right decision in an ethical sense.

Do you have a purpose here, anything new to contribute or are you just here to whine? Are you a VRBO plant or perhaps you work for a hotel chain?

2 Likes

Really? Clearly you haven’t read much on this forum, or about it, or you wouldn’t be spouting such garbage.

If you don’t like what you hear from seasoned operators ,who have NO AFFILIATION with Airbnb, please go away, and take your judgementalism with you.

Did I make that word up?

2 Likes

You are too kind…

They are another of our new members who has spent a whopping half hour here posting but not reading and thinks he is owed a living my airbnb as well as a platform from which to broadcast his complaints. Part of the entitled crowd it seems.

4 Likes

Me? Just an evidence based factualist!!

3 Likes

Jeremy: there must be some reason why you can’t take the insight that has been provided to you and choose to use it or not; rather than continue to harp on the same issue over and over again (your original post, and this one). I don’t understand why you hijacked this topic with the topic of your original post.

None of us are defending AirBNB; we are just giving you reality. These are extraordinary times and many of us believe that AirBNB is doing what they need to do to survive, as are most of us.

If you do get it, let’s all MOVE ON.

Otherwise we will assume that you are just here to be argumentative and disruptive.

2 Likes

There should have been lockdowns everywhere in the world , like a month ago, at least. Stop being part of the problem. These are human lives at stake.

3 Likes

The backup of supplies we had in the bathroom in our rental unit, off our family room, was really useful. If we did not have that, could have been some stressful moments. Also, of course having a full-size refrigerator back there was a great place to store essentials like milk, eggs and butter.

1 Like

Hello. New here. How is everyone?

1 Like

You might want to check prior topics before starting a new one

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum both.

As @HH_AZ suggests, do have a read through recent threads to catch up on where we are all at. The overall main message is that many of us are working hard at keeping each other’s spirits up.

I hope you feel able to contribute in similar fashion too. A lot of new folk have joined recently, some of whom only came to whinge about Airbnb, and have probably been surprised by the responses given, property managers in particular!

2 Likes

Currently not on AirBnB, only HomeAway/VRBO. Have no complaints so far. I really don’t know if it’s any good or not given the current situation. Need to give it a second year to figure things out.

The HomeAway forum is full of angry hosts complaining about the Covid mess. I’ve seen allegations that they aren’t making payouts at this time among others, but I don’t know for sure because I’m not on HA, only Airbnb.

I’m sure that this pandemic is impacting all hosts on all platforms everywhere.

1 Like

@GlennAndPenny This was the best advice someone has given you. I also hope you consider it.

TL;DR: "Don’t be an askhole."

9 Likes

Don’t like the sandpit, don’t play in it!
The regulars that supply hours of free accurate advice should be appreciated and not belittled!
Who died and made you Boss….?

2 Likes