WSJ: ‘what it’s really like to be an Airbnb landlord’s

I would think you could have a rule for tuedsay only check ins, then block all the tuesdays…

RR

1 Like

Don’t worry, @JJD will be along shortly with a tutorial. Bless 'er.

:slightly_smiling_face:

JF

2 Likes

Yes, you’ll want to “snooze”. That is what will keep new requests and bookings and inquiries from coming in.

A rule set will only keep people from booking certain dates or only booking certain combination of dates - it won’t keep people from booking/requesting/inquiring entirely.

Actually, you can’t do this specific thing. Once you block the Tuesdays it won’t let you save a rule set that only allows check-in on Tuesdays.

When using rule sets in lieu of blocking a run of dates (e.g. Mar 12-19 as opposed to all Sundays), you will need to make a minimum stay of how many days you have open.

I use rule sets extensively to force min stays/encourage multi-day bookings and such; however, I am confident that it doesn’t really matter if you block dates or make dates unavailable by using rule sets. The calendar and the source code will still only reflect pure availability - e.g. if you don’t have dates available your search ranking will drop, regardless of why they aren’t available. And often it is just easier to actually block dates (or snooze depending on your needs), particularly if you have more than a week that needs “blocking”.

1 Like

lol. I must’ve been typing while you were.

1 Like

Copyright infringement? Unimportant. :slight_smile:

Here is the podcast version: