Would you send this to guests?

I’ve designed an online tool to replace Airbnb’s guidebook. Here’s an example of something I send to guests in London: https://app.pearlshare.com/collections/1103-london-favourites

What do you think? It seems like something that Airbnb are encouraging at the moment.

If you would like me to put together a Collection based on your guidebook / listing, add a link to your listing in a reply to this post!

To be clear, I’m hoping you folks will provide some truly critical feedback! :slightly_smiling:

Ok, I give up! I’ve seen you post on various forums so I finally looked. There are a number of various products that I’ve seen doing similar functions, and this one might be interesting. But only signup through Facebook? Is that correct?

2 Likes

It was all part of my elaborate plan to track you down, Marie!

You’re right. Currently the website only lets you sign up with Facebook - but it won’t be long before we incorporate other login options. What would be your preference?

You can download the app for your iPhone and use your phone number or Facebook there.

I just use the guestbook function on Air

I understand that - lots of people do that Kirsty!

In my experience as a guest, it doesn’t work so well on mobile - and it’s tough to find my host’s listing again (not normally something I look at after the booking is confirmed). What we’ve tried to create is a standalone destination that is really useful for guests - would love you to give it a try and see what you think!

yeah that’s true but its only a matter of time before Air makes it better. The trouble is that many people already have tripadv on there phones so downloading another app would be a bit of a faff (I wouldn’t do it as a guest). I like talking to my host/guests regarding the best places I like to eat etc.

Just copy the HTML from the guidebook over to my own site :wink: http://www.antwerp64.com/insider-tips/
let me know what you think

1 Like

ALL my guests print out my Guest Info doc. It’s much easier to read than it is on their phone or tablet. Some international guests don’t have wi-fi until they get to my room, so offering another guidebook online isn’t useful.

1 Like

Does it work on mobile? Won’t come up for me.

ALL my guests print out my Guest Info doc. It’s much easier to read than it is on their phone or tablet. Some international guests don’t have wi-fi until they get to my room, so offering another guidebook online isn’t useful.

How do you keep it updated? Is it something you regularly change? Would love to see an example.

You need internet access ;), but yes should work, does on my mobile devices…does it work on you pc?

You need internet access :wink:, but yes should work, does on my mobile devices…does it work on you pc?

Working on it (my signal is patchy). Looks pretty good on the desktop - I like the mini maps for each one, showing in relation to your listing, but think you need to include the contact details! We do this for each Pearl to help guests make bookings. :slightly_smiling:

Would you consider using Pearlshare if you could easily embed individual Pearls?

I Might, But if you click on the name of the listing it gives you all the google info, name address, street view, reviews etc… the thing is that I update my guidebook on airbnb and just copy the code each time instead of having multiple places to have to update…; But apparently I need to explain the fact you need to click on the names probably

Nice product John. Have you checked our own Touch Stay out?

Ours isn’t quite the same as we’ve opted for it to be more like a full welcome book. So we have the ability to add area information, but also pre-arrival information.

What do you think?

1 Like

We’ve studied this print vs digital option A LOT!

We decided to offer a digital product first, but we also built functionality which enables guests to access it offline if they don’t have a web connection, or print it.

But, honestly, a well written and presented doc also works really well. In fact I always think it’s preferable as a guest, as long as it’s a thing of beauty, which many are not :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

I Might, But if you click on the name of the listing it gives you all the google info, name address, street view, reviews etc… the thing is that I update my guidebook on airbnb and just copy the code each time instead of having multiple places to have to update…; But apparently I need to explain the fact you need to click on the names probably

So you have to keep updating it and copying new code across? Interesting!

With Pearlshare, we do the validation work - there is a team of humans that will check that the contact details are up to date. As this is changed, the details are updated automatically so there is no need to make any edits.

I think you’ve got a neat solution - would you be up for a skype chat to talk about your ideas? I’d really value your focused feedback :smiley:

Nice product John. Have you checked our own Touch Stay out?

Ours isn’t quite the same as we’ve opted for it to be more like a full welcome book. So we have the ability to add area information, but also pre-arrival information.

What do you think?

Well I have now, nice work! How have you found the response from guests? I wonder whether there is any chance to work together :smiley: We’d love to help provide local suggestions for your users.

But, honestly, a well written and presented doc also works really well. In fact I always think it’s preferable as a guest, as long as it’s a thing of beauty, which many are not :slightly_smiling:

I agree! This is something I’m working on now.

Just create a Microsoft document. I describe first, directions how to get here and arrival instructions. Include photos of what the house looks like from the outside, where to park and a map. Then go on to list house instructions, places to eat, and grocery shop. List itineraries, ideas for sightseeing, tips and beaches nearby. List house guidelines and rules.

Save as a PDF and send immediately to their email listed on the reservation upon booking so they can review. Most print it out. Because all are arriving on a flight, many tell me they read the whole thing on the flight.

1 Like

The host’s dashboard tells them whether a guest has viewed the welcome book or not. On average we’re seeing around 70% of guests viewing the welcome books generated by hosts. Each view is roughly 4 minutes.[quote=“johnbower, post:18, topic:3562”]
I wonder whether there is any chance to work together :smiley: We’d love to help provide local suggestions for your users.
[/quote]
Let’s talk, why not!