Would you respond? What would you say? (Review)

This is not evironmentally friendly! Dishcloths are fine. People have been using them for hundreds of years and guess what - nobody died. On the other hand, people are becoming increasingly unable to fight off everyday bacteria because of our obsession with sanitising everything. I think you should just give your guests some dishcloths, frankly.

1 Like

I travel with a mini pepper mill and the item I canā€™t live without, a corkscrew. :slight_smile:

Well, doesnā€™t everyone??? [and a salt grinder, corkscrew]

1 Like

Arenā€™t those things taken from you by security?

Well, when I travel for five or six weeks to another continent, I generally have one bag under the plane. Obviously, all sharp items go into that bag.

No because I donā€™t want it seized by TSA and I usually donā€™t check my bag. My portable has twin prongs that would be mistaken for a weapon.

I usually take my corkscrew in my hand baggage (I rarely check luggage in) and (so sorry to non-smokers for my horrible habit) a packet of cigarettes AND a lighter. Sometimes I have back-ups in my handbag. Itā€™s never been a problem.

I suspect that things are a lot more lax than they used to beā€¦

We travelled to New Zealand where my husband purchased some wire trace for fly fishing. On packing for the return I took the package from the carry on to the checked luggage. On arriving at the airport all the bags were scanned and the package was back in the carry on. Security wanted to bin it as it had potential to be a garrotte. I had to beg to allow him to go back into the airport and post it back to Australia. His excuse for moving the packageā€¦he wanted to keep them safe (!) I remember standing there open mouthed going - what was going to happen to WIRE??? And why were you fiddling with the packing of the bags??? I moved it for a REASON! Packing of bags now left to me, because coming back he almost missed the plane.

1 Like

The funniest was when I tried to go into the Louvre with a table knife in my bag (travelling on a budget and the knife was used to cut baguette open and spread butter) which got rather dramatically seized as if I was going to attack the Mona Lisa with it. Then I had a lovely (expensive) pair of pointed tweezers taken from hand luggage. Lesson learned no sharp objects in my bags anymore.

1 Like