Would you lend a guest something personal?

I don’t think I would be liable if they had an accident off of my property, but fortunately, my home and business insurer gave us a great umbrella liability policy. You MUST have liability if you use Airbnb as a host.

They have to lock it though, bikes get stollen

Hairdryer is not that much of a personal item. I dont really get it why you did not want to give a person your hairdryer.
I am very much surprised that in 2 years of hosting noone else asked you for hairdryer. I live in SOuth Florida where you can dry your hair outside within seconds, but my guests use it all the time.
Though once one hair dryer was taken by someone, i dont even know who it was. Since i never use it, i did not discover it until a new guest asked

I present the waiver for snorkel gear when I show them into the apartment and collect their tax, that way all business is taken care of. Sometimes they’ve brought their own, and will tell me. But no one at all minds signing. Snorkel Bob charges $7 per day for gear and it’s not going to be as high quality as what I have for guests.

You needn’t feel awkward; people are used to signing them. I offer “free use of snorkel gear with signed waiver” in my listing. It’s not too much to ask for a simple signature. Also make sure to have bike helmets available!