Would you leave bad review to guest who ate your food?

Already talked about this.
It’s spurious to say “it’s not in the house rules, so I can do it”.

It’s not in the house rules that guests can’t open my door and try to have sex with me.
But I expect any normally adjusted people to know that.

That “not everything you see in the house is for you to take” is part of those “so obvious I don’t need to write it down” type of rules.
In my opinion (and in the opinion of almost a hundred previous guests).

If all the food were free to take, it would be called “AirBnb + free buffet”.
But it’s not.

2 Likes

You’ll notice that I didn’t say that.

I was replying to @Mexican who remarked that the review should read that the guest broke house rules. I was pointing out to that member that taking your food was not one of your house rules. Simple.

I feel the same way. And if you do write it down, the list of rules becomes too long and you get complaints.
I’ve tried stocking a selection of snacks guests can purchase for a fee if they have a snack attack but I got some comments that these were “up charges” so I stopped. No biggie

I just had two overnight guests leave a huge pile of trash on the floor. The small bin in the guest room was full but the bin in the attached bathroom was empty. I have nothing in the rules about trash and I’m not going to put it in the rules. I am however going to deduct stars for cleanliness and remark upon it in the review.

1 Like

The little things are more infuriating and leave more of impression because of the lack of common courtesy of the home. Of course the trashing of the home or lack of following the House Rules is big but it seems that the little things just grate on your nerves. I got a review last night, guest wanted early check in and did her room first and was still cleaning the other room along with the rest of the home when she arrived. Her review commented about the amount of trash that had to be taken out and that it had to been there for weeks. This guest did not know that I had a “Pig” stay in the other room for a week and didn’t bother to put his trash out by the main garbage until he checked out. He was great about changing his linens and getting fresh towels etc. But lax on his garbage or maybe he cleaned out his car and put it by the main trash. The trash by the main garbage can was only the tip of the iceberg of garbage left in his room. But I did respond and thanked her for her observation and that we would take steps to ensure it didn’t happen again.

1 Like

I would not mark him down on rules but would say that the guest ate some of my personal food. I think if you specifically told him he could use the pasta, spices and oil that implies the rest is your personal food and off limits.

1 Like