Would this service be worth it?

Non-host here, business inquiry…

I run a tourism page that appears on certain travelers’ phones when they stop at one of our local tourist attractions. Approximately 10,000 people a year visit this place with about 20% of them seeing my page. My page has an online guest book, history & trivia, a scavenger hunt, a way to buy souvenirs, etc. Basically everything they’d need to get the most out of their visit. I recommend a couple local restaurants and shops that travelers should try since they might miss them. I also translate this page to their language automatically.

My town is fairly small but there are a few AirBnB hosts nearby. I was thinking of offering ‘recommended’ lodging for travelers by featuring one or two of these hosts. Would you pay $30/month if you were one of these hosts to reach these travelers?

Thank you in advance!

No because they are already there so most likely they already booked accommodation.

2 Likes

No, because my summer rental books solidly. Therefore, your service would not be needed. However, others might find it helpful. Give it a try.

1 Like

They already have. At least they disclosed they weren’t a host straight away.

2 Likes

Nope. Why pay you when we get Air advertising for less per hit? If tourists are in my town they’ve already booked with someone. In Florida cities & towns you don’t just wander around looking for a place to stay unless you’re the rare case driving through to somewhere else.

2 Likes

2000 views per year (20% of 10000) or 70 views per day is not very much. A typical click-through rate is 1% and maybe 2% of those buy… there aren’t enough views here to make it worthwhile.

2 Likes

No. The local municipality did add my place to its featured accommodations with my permission, but without charging a fee. In two years it has generated contact from people trying to sell me things, but no bookings.

2 Likes

Hosts, thank you so much for your honest opinions and insight! At this point I don’t think I’ll move forward with the plan. I appreciate it and you saved me a lot of time!

3 Likes