Worst review ever and...I found the silver lining

How??? .……………

It’s not possible. You can neither edit nor remove your review once it has posted as a general rule. You might get some assistance from certain CS agents in select circumstances. What has mostly been reported here is that once a review is posted it stands. I got a glowing review from a guest who gave me one star. She told me that she called Airbnb to change it and they wouldn’t. I have no way of verifying her call. Even at 530 reviews it still irks me to have a one star I didn’t earn. My 3 star was fair. My scattered 4 stars don’t bother me much.

I’d love for Airbnb to say we could delete one review a year if we hosted at least 10 trips that year. It would encourage hosts to book on platform, reduce calls to customer service and it would help reduce the retaliatory review problem.

5 Likes

Why they had to tell me before I posted mine?
I posted mine and then I saw theirs . I would never contact them if their review matched stars. One guy even gave me 1* but put very good review and I understood he made a mistake. When I asked him, he confirmed he made mistake . And he changed it . Same was with another couple .
I don’t know how it’s possible …I know it’s possible because it happened with my reviews few times. 2 guests changed their rating and one completely removed . I received message from Air: your guest Andrew withdrew his review . I don’t know how they did it …may be they called Airbnb and got help from.there …
It was long time ago but as I remember I called Air and ask them if a guest can change his review. And as I remember they told me to ask guest to contact them.
Once I left bad review for a guest who broke my lamp and damaged wall and left without even saying anything. He emailed me asking if I can reconsider and remove this review. It sounded like it was an automated message .

I think instead of relying on my words may be OP can call Airbnb and ask herself and then let us all know for sure . I would do myself but I am out of country and its expensive to call

1 Like

What drives me crazy is that, in the past, both 4 and 5 were considered good and a 3 was neutral. Suddenly, it seems as if we have to have all 5’s – and people look for all 5’s. I don’t know, seems sort of unrealistic to me and I find it annoying that we are pinned underneath this archaic system. Happens in my online biz too, though, so I guess it is the way things are now.

Regarding guests changing or “taking down reviews”: I was told by Air that this is “never possible”
A recent guest messaged that she carelessly gave me 4 rather than 5-stars, and had contacted Air immediately to ask to change it, to no avail. I called, referencing her call & request and though they purportedly looked into it, within an hour our mutual request was denied. She was willing to call again or write, but I thanked her & let it go.

So IS it or is it NOT possible to change or take down a public review?

The official answer to this is NO but we are all also aware of tons of examples of ABB not adhering to their official policies and that is really the only answer that we have ,)

1 Like

When my guest took down his review it was about a year ago and changing review was 3-4 years ago. So don’t know …may be it changed .

1 Like

Lateral thinking at its best. That would work for everybody.

2 Likes

Didn’t Airbnb tell us a year or two back they were thinking of letting us remove one review per year?

How far back was this? I’ve been hosting about four years and don’t remember a time we weren’t expected to get 5-stars, but I wasn’t here for the early days of the platform.

I can’t recall. They announce things that take forever to implement. The Superguest concept is one I’m still waiting on.

2 Likes