Worst headline pic ever, what was host thinking?

white thing…stumpy legs…

is it me?

3 Likes

Depends … do you have a red face and go around with a folded dishcloth on your head?

Do you have stumpy legs??

yes, and yes. I also have an illuminated no. 2 (snigger)

3 Likes

It looks like a rice cooker. :smiley:

1 Like

You forgot to include the listing link, so we can actually see the listing.

1 Like

Oh, it is lovely! But it is not the photo you use as your lead photo.

To my eye it is too cluttered, but I would certainly would not reject it based on just this photo or this kitchen.

lols, happy to do so, but not sure if it’s allowed.
Someone advise me please :slight_smile:

1 Like

I should know but I don’t. LOL. Generally we try not to shame other hosts unless the listing violates Airbnb policies. We certainly allow links to listings to be posted. If this were posted by a host asking for us to critique it, that’s a certain yes. But if you post the entire listing and everyone just mocks it, I’m not so sure.

As for this kitchen, it’s not a great lead photo. And I certainly think it’s cluttered. But if you are overseas many kitchens are tiny and there simply isn’t anywhere to put everything. I wouldn’t scroll right past if I were looking for a listing with kitchen/kitchen access.

2 Likes

one more sampler then…Brighton, fairly central, £50 a night, private room only

@Barns. I am a bit unsure why you are posting pictures from other people’s listings. Is this for entertainment? education? something else? I guess I don’t quite understand what these images add to a hosts’ discussion forum.

3 Likes

It may be a teensy bit unkind, but I think both entertaining (ok, I have a warped sense of humour) and certainly educational. There are so many articles around the web on “How to give your Airbnb the 5-star luxury touch” that it’s quite a good lesson to see what happens when you don’t follow the usual suggestions - anyone looking at this, for example will, I guarantee, NEVER take a photo of a bed again without straightening the bedspread …

However, recognising this may not be the place to enjoy other people’s bad taste, for those who like this kind of thing can I recommend this website.

2 Likes

Of course it is entertaining, in a snarky kind of way. But, without knowing if the host gets consistently great overall stars, glowing or dismissive reviews, etc, is booked at 98% occupancy or 23%, the pictures might or might not be telling us about the success of a particular property.

We definitely can’t allow their link here to make fun of them. I too, am bothered by the ganging up on this host. Sometimes I notice the lead photo I chose has rotated, not by my choice, that happens in the app.

Let’s not be so unkind and find other things to talk about, okay?

3 Likes